News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A few mods

Started by HeavyHustler, May 04, 2014, 04:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

So I found a few things I wanted to upgrade on the tiger.  Suspension is one of them but that'll be next week.
I had the Rotopax setup on my S3 for Alaska last summer so I swapped it over to the Tiger.  First round the aluminium plate got all bent out of shape so I added another aluminium plate for support.  Then I ordered another Rotopax box for storage.  Now I can fit some tools, firt aid kits, tow ropes, and a tire plugger kit for my tubeless wheels!  :hat10

THe bike also had some risers that were ok but they put the bars to close to the tank.  Snagged a set of rox risers on fleabay for $69 shipped.  When I was setting them up I realised that when my Mustang lowered pegs arrive they will work perfectly together!  :icon_mrgreen:

I'll add more when they arrive!

Cheers,
Mark

HeavyHustler

Quick spring update.  I had the stock spring tested and two others I had laying around.  Apparently the stocker is a 450lb'r and the other two are 650lbs and 850lbs.  My shock guy suggested using the 650 for best results.  Can't wait to get it back and put it through the wash!  Also sent my new Mustang pegs, barkbusters, and skid plate of to the powder coaters.  :)

HeavyHustler

Got my shock back.  All new seals throughout and had it on the dyno shock.  Hopefully it's readable.  My mate set it up with 1/2" preload and 1 turn out on bump and 1 turn out rebound.  Should be considerably better!!!  Each line shows turns out from H.

Sin_Tiger

Inches & Lbs, what are those? I have no idea how to  :icon_study: that but looking forward to how your seat of the pants evaluation goes.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HeavyHustler

Well the shock has made some improvement but I broke my subframe, which was broke before and rewelded, so the bike is down again.  However I did get my new bits back from the powder coater! 
Thanks for the pegs Mustang!

HeavyHustler

Sub frame rubbish.  On the lighter side of things, tearing the SF apart was 10x easier than removing all the front bits!!!  LOL!

HeavyHustler

Well now that schools out for the summer I decided to get to fixing the subframe!  :hat10
I decided to use 3/4" angle iron on the bottom/inside and plate steel on the outside.  I finished it off with a coat of primer and some semi-gloss black rattle can.

I also got some new rubber for the rear shock mud guard that I'll install when I get some new bolts.  Rivets are too skinny as the plastic holes are enlarged and the rivets pull through.

HeavyHustler

Side note!  I recall someone moved their fuse box out from under the rear cover........anyone with a pic or link???

Nevermind, I found rf9's thread....... :icon_mrgreen:

HeavyHustler

Got the rest put back together!   :hat10

Added the new mud guard.......a couple $$ from Ace

Decided to add a crank case breather K&N filter

Moved the fuse box and short the signal wires.  Both my seats are ok with the new placement.

Next up is to take my dual Trident carbon cans from my S3 and have someone make me new mid/mid pipes to fit them up!  And I think I'll swap out the front fender for a MX fender and run dual brake lines to the MC.

HeavyHustler

Forgot I hadn't finished my tool tube!  Not sure about placement and I might shorten it as well........
Got all the pieces from Ace.......less than a tenner!