News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

scotts damper for my steamer

Started by ned37, May 11, 2014, 09:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ned37

i had a set of brackets for a scotts steering damper from a dr650 suzuki that i sold a while back.  held them up to the bar clamps on the steamer and they looked like a match except they were for fat bars.  well, it turns out my son had an extra set of renthal fat bars (in red  :bad).  only problem to work around was the frame post.  took off the tank, and tapped out the front tank bolt hole to 8mm, cut the head off an 8mm bolt and slipped it up into a scotts post, adjusted it for height and tack welded it.  used 2 nuts: one to secure the post to the frame, and one to push a washer down onto the tank.  the washer needed slotting to put it on.
took it for a ride today on some dirt roads with some rocks... very stable, front end no longer feels "loose".  wind was gusting to 50mph on the asphalt on the way home, rode behind some trucks at 80mph.  i could have taken my hands off the bars.  very happy with it.
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

Sin_Tiger

Very tidy job Sir  :thumbsup and interesting results, I tend to overgrip the bars myself and have considered doing something similar because I just can't seem to train myself out of a bad habit.

The only comment I would make is the colour clash with the blue  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ned37

Quotecolour clash with the blue
its ok, i ride with a white helmet and shirt  :rock
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e