News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

exhaust manifold bolts

Started by exchead, May 11, 2014, 07:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exchead

Can you get to the middle two bolts on the exhaust manifold without removing rad and oil cooler,there is a gap between the two so with the right extention socket looks possible?,if rad needs to be removed can it just hang on the hoses to get access useing a bungee to hold it out the way

budvar

I should imagine you've already sussed it by now but if you have a quarter inch ratchet, you should be able get to them a little easier. If I remember correctly, removing the oil cooler certainly gives a little more clearance when removing the headers too.
2001, roulette green (replete with bubbling stripes on the tank,grrrrrr). All stock.

exchead

Quote from: budvar on May 21, 2014, 09:43:04 AM
I should imagine you've already sussed it by now but if you have a quarter inch ratchet, you should be able get to them a little easier. If I remember correctly, removing the oil cooler certainly gives a little more clearance when removing the headers too.
thanks for reply, no not done yet lots of coats of looking at it just need to check how tight the header bolts are as i have a tick on cold start ups thats goes away when warm :thumbsup