News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel tap woes

Started by ssevy, May 24, 2014, 11:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

"Powerbronze"

Looking good and glad to read the tank stuff can be welded.  :iagree with Phil, open the tap into a spare tank and you can drain 5 litres in about 3 mins, even Marquez can't do that  :wheel
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on July 21, 2014, 10:51:23 PM
Which aftermarket screen is that on your bike?
powerbronze

http://www.powerbronzeusa.com/906820/818268/---TRIUMPH-TIGER-92-97.model

they work awesome for a nice dead zone of air at helmet level ..................... no buffeting and sore neck after a 6-700 mile day

ssevy

Okay, just got back and there are no issues with anything melting, so I guess the heat shields are just fine. I have a magnetic tank bag on the Legend, and find it convenient on long trips, but I'll have to do something else for this plastic tank. I think I'll just forget a tank bag for this upcoming trip, and see if I can live without it.
It sure feels good to ride and not worry about gasoline interacting with any kind of adhesives!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

rf9rider

Good news with the tank repair, i`ll have to see if i can find anyone local to me in the UK who can do it, although i`ll have to compare prices between a repair or a respray on my spare tank.

As for the tankbag, have you looked at the ring mounted ones?

Ring bolts on to the gas cap ring, the bag fixes on to the ring.

ssevy

Quote from: rf9rider on July 22, 2014, 01:46:03 AM
Good news with the tank repair, i`ll have to see if i can find anyone local to me in the UK who can do it, although i`ll have to compare prices between a repair or a respray on my spare tank.

As for the tankbag, have you looked at the ring mounted ones?

Ring bolts on to the gas cap ring, the bag fixes on to the ring.

I did look at those. I want all my luggage to be waterproof, so right now I am looking at this one:

For my other luggage, I have been following these guys' thread on advrider, and I really like what they are doing. Kind of a crowd sourced approach to design. Their "Reckless" bag is still in the early stages of development, but it looks like it will be great. If you scroll down, you'll see where they are at with the design right now:

http://moskoblog.wordpress.com/

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

motoOzarks

Glue some washers on the tank and then the magnetic bag will work.

Wouldn't it have been nice if some metal was integrated into plastic tanks for just this purpose?

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Sin_Tiger

If you can get hold of an SW-Motech tank ring and bag, it's an easy mod for the Steamer 5 bolt mount for a man of your skills.

If you were a bit closer I'd lend you one off mine. I've posted up somewhere about this before but if you need photos just ping me.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint