News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wanted... angled screwdriver

Started by JayDub, May 25, 2014, 07:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

for pilot screw adjustment, UK or near to. Thanks.

chairhead

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

motoOzarks

bite down on your favorite driver and give a yank
or hammer over in a vise
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: motoOzarks on May 29, 2014, 05:36:48 AM
bite down on your favorite driver and give a yank or hammer over in a vise

I guess you've never had to adjust the carbs on a Steamer  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: chairhead on May 28, 2014, 11:01:07 PM
Like this Jay ?  :icon_wink:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co.uk/4969/i/motion-pro-pilot-screw-adjusting-tool

I got one of those through Morgan Carbtune, the second twist the bit came off the end. The bit is crimped on to the end of a wire drive, the crimp wasn't good enough and it failed. I'd not wanted to spend a lot but the failure and the poor "feel" made me change my mind. To be fair to Morgan (I've seen the exact same tool sold in a Sealy and Machine Mart package) they said it was the first time they'd seen that, accepted it without a quibble and gave me credit against a Bevel 90 Carburettor Pilot Adjustment Tool , pricey but you get what you pay for, a proper engineers tool for a proper engineering tool  :icon_lol:

The 100 degree tool is also useful for doing the air box screws in situ, I had one of those already.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

'Sokay guys... I made one! from a Lidl right angle drill driver attachment, two 1/4" drive extension bars, a 1/4" spinner and a metal bar!  sheer ingenuity  :sign13  :pimp

JayDub

Quote from: chairhead on May 28, 2014, 11:01:07 PM
Like this Jay ?  :icon_wink:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co.uk/4969/i/motion-pro-pilot-screw-adjusting-tool
Very like it mate but it looks too deep for #1 carb due to water pipe - thanks
+ shipping is 30 quid  :icon_frown:

chairhead

Quote from: JayDub on May 29, 2014, 08:40:10 PM
'Sokay guys... I made one! from a Lidl right angle drill driver attachment, two 1/4" drive extension bars, a 1/4" spinner and a metal bar!  sheer ingenuity  :sign13  :pimp

Well done you!!  :thumbsup
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger