News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mikuni Slide removal?

Started by ssevy, May 27, 2014, 12:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

Okay, so what is the secret to removing the slide insert from the carb body? I want to change out the o ring, and everything else is out, but I can't budge it. Also, whoever worked on it previously must have lost the o rings and washers from the mixture screws, as all mine has is the spring and the screw?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

ssevy

Never mind. I partially unscrewed the jet and tapped it with a rubber hammer until it shifted, and then had to follow it our with a small punch. The other two weren't so bad. This white gunk is tenacious stuff, and is pretty widespread in the carbs.

threepot

Nasty looking stuff :icon_mad: That's probably proof of the quality of fuel these days?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

You figured it out  :thumbsup

That's not pretty at all, I won't even suggest what it looks like  :icon_eek:

Have a closer look down the bore where the idle mixture screw goes, reason I say this is because the Triumph diagram for the carbs is misleading in the assembly order. It should be - fit spring to screw, fit washer on top of spring then fit the O ring last. If a PO has fitted them the wrong way round, the O ring may still be in there and holding the washer in place, very fine wire hook required or an air line with a bucket underneath to catch them  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

No, nothing in the bore. Not sure why this started and idled so well? Probably will run like shit once I get it all cleaned and adjusted properly :icon_frown:

JayDub

Quote from: ssevy on May 27, 2014, 07:08:10 PM
Probably will run like shit once I get it all cleaned and adjusted properly
Sounds like some else has learned the way of the steamer!  :icon_biggrin:

Mustang

Quote from: JayDub on May 27, 2014, 11:01:48 PM
Quote from: ssevy on May 27, 2014, 07:08:10 PM
Probably will run like shit once I get it all cleaned and adjusted properly
:nono

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on May 27, 2014, 11:01:48 PM

What's up with you today  :icon_rolleyes:

Sometimes the seal of the thread is enough with a bit of grease but with the properly assembled bits you won't have any bother.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Yeah,properly set up,fresh filtered fuel..shouldn't have any probs :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger