News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel tap/petcock..

Started by JayDub, May 27, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

I don't like manual fuel taps, I always forget to turn them off and mine has a leak when it is off, I know there is a manual Yamaha one which is a straight swap, so does anyone know of a vacuum type which will also fit?

Sin_Tiger

I think the Legend's and Adventurer's had them, maybe even the Thunderbirds but they're all metal tanks so are probably screw in jobs and I recall reading that they are temperamental, often getting changed for a manual one.

Personally I'd stick with a manual, how many bikes do you have?

The Yamaha one is a straight fit, do a search in the parts cross reference thread, just be aware that the main pipe is shorter than the original so you will have less reserve when it sucks dry.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 28, 2014, 01:13:33 PM
Erm, three.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on May 29, 2014, 02:45:33 PM
Erm, three.

OK  :icon_rolleyes: how many have carbs?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 29, 2014, 05:40:58 PM
Erm, three.

Erm, three! total 11 carbs  :icon_biggrin:
Oh, I forgot about the H100 - Four total 12 carbs  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on May 29, 2014, 08:31:45 PM
Erm, three.

Erm, three! total 11 carbs  :icon_biggrin:
Oh, I forgot about the H100 - Four total 12 carbs  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

How many of those have automatic petcocks?

Do you see where I'm going with this?  :icon_wink:

ssevy

I think the Legend's and Adventurer's had them, maybe even the Thunderbirds but they're all metal tanks so are probably screw in jobs and I recall reading that they are temperamental, often getting changed for a manual one.

The Yamaha one is a straight fit, do a search in the parts cross reference thread, just be aware that the main pipe is shorter than the original so you will have less reserve when it sucks dry.

The classic triples petcock is just like the Tiger's, only with a metal spacer block. Some have replaced it with a Kawasaki Zephyr (?) model that is vacuum operated. Search on Triumphrat under the classic triples, and you'll find several references.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 30, 2014, 09:32:27 AM
Quote from: JayDub on May 29, 2014, 08:31:45 PM
Erm, three.
Do you see where I'm going with this?  :icon_wink:
All but the H100... not really sure, but I'm sticking with yer mate  :icon_lol: