News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

D2D

Started by nickjtc, May 31, 2014, 06:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

http://dawsoncity.ca/event/dust-2-dawson-motorcycle-ride-rally/

I will be interested to see how many non BMW and KTM riders will be there!

I suspect I will be the only Steamer, but Gerry will probably see lots of KTMs.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

Might be the only Steamer,but you'll stand out from the crowd :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Yup. Should be fun. Gerry and I are leaving for points north this Saturday and will wend our way up to Dawson, then on to Alaska.

nickjtc

200 or so bikes were there. I'd guess 130 were BMW GSs, of which most were 1200s. Maybe 25 KTMs. 20 KLRs and the rest a mix of Triumphs and street bikes.

Needless to say, no other Steamers or older Triumphs and no DR650s or XR650s.

cba191

I went through Dawson the following week. In 3 1/2 weeks, I saw maybe 3 other Tigers. But all of them were the newer ones. I like having an unusual bike. Everybody commented on how much they love the old triples though.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

nickjtc

Quote from: cba191 on July 25, 2014, 01:31:58 AM
I went through Dawson the following week. In 3 1/2 weeks, I saw maybe 3 other Tigers. But all of them were the newer ones. I like having an unusual bike. Everybody commented on how much they love the old triples though.

You were a loooong way from home. Good for you

cba191

It was fun. I need to do it again, but I determined it requires at least a month. And I'd like to see what Alaska, BC, and the Yukon look like when it's not raining. 

nickjtc

Quote from: cba191 on July 26, 2014, 01:43:16 AM
It was fun. I need to do it again, but I determined it requires at least a month. And I'd like to see what Alaska, BC, and the Yukon look like when it's not raining.

Do NOT travel in June.  It is the wettest month for precipitation, believe it or not, for most of the interior. In my experience September is the best time to ride, hereabouts. And it should not be too bad in the north. If you ever come back and want to explore some moderately exquisite riding roads, let me know.

Nick

cba191

I'll be back in 2016 with more vacation time. Next summer is going to be to Maine, then the blue ridge parkway along with whatever is close to on the way.