News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Misc washer/spacer? Cant identify.. Fell off bike when came home.

Started by Andyrew, May 19, 2014, 05:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyrew

This fell off the bike after a half hour ride around town with the wife. I was putting the bike away and I heard it fall off. Looks like something for a line but I cant find anything missing. Anyone have any idea??

cba191

'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Sin_Tiger

:iagree definately.

Have a look at the spokes, you will probably find one that is shiney near the nipple, that's probably the one it came off.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rex007can

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Sin_Tiger

I'm talking about the nipples that the spokes screw into, think you might be referring to the inner tube valve stem  :icon_scratch: Transatlantic divide again.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Andyrew

It'll slide over the spokes but nothing to hold it on and its very loose. I dont believe its where it came from, Cant see where it would actually fit front or rear wheel (spoke wise). No shiny spots.

Andyrew

I take that back. It is a wheel weight. I was able to slide it over the square part of a spoke. I cant tell where it came from so i'll need to check my old pics and see what it looks like then go from there. Worst case i'll rebalanced it. But for now I can still ride it.

Thanks all.

Sin_Tiger

You should be all right without it at modest speeds  :augie I would look for marks on the spokes & nipples opposite the tube valve stem 180deg as Rex suggested. just slide it on over the spoke and squeeze enough to stop it sliding about.

The weight should be stamped into it on the top, if it's 10gm or less I wouldn't worry about it.

rex007can

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 19, 2014, 06:45:05 PM
I'm talking about the nipples that the spokes screw into, think you might be referring to the inner tube valve stem  :icon_scratch: Transatlantic divide again.

You're absolutely right. I was.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

pineygroveshop

Cheers,
Stephen

Mustang

Andyrew

Mustang

you squirt em thru the valve stem with the core out ...........the kit comes with the bottle and hose .
they are the best thing since sliced bread .

Sin_Tiger

pineygroveshop

I've run DynaBeads for 60,000 miles with zero balance issues.
Cheers,
Stephen