News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Backfiring, air leak in front - exhaust manifold?

Started by Roadinator, May 24, 2014, 06:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteH

Mine re set after 2 cycles....after some good advise  :nod
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Roadinator

Engine light is off.  12 minute tune did not help.  Bike still running a little rough.  Coming off throttle or blip-ping it cause it have a rough idle (low RPM chugging) and then comes back to a more normal after  20 seconds or so.  Seems like I need to get the cable for running a tune and go from there.  Right?
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i in Lucifer Orange

tigergotcha

Cable+TuneEcu is a must have for several (simple) tasks: checking for fault codes, doing a tps reset (very useful), uploading a new map (after saving your current one). About tps reset, read this post: http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,8852.0.html

Bixxer Bob

TPS reset is worth a go, but make sure it's warmed up first.  I did mine a while back when it was behaving like yours and completely buggered it up.  Took me ages to get it started and settled down again.

Before resetting the TPs, I would have a look at this and give it a try:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,12926.msg94935.html#msg94935

The 12 minute tune is for non-O2 sensor bikes, this process is for is for later Girlies that have the O2 sensor fitted.  It also seems that the clutch lever should be released, not pulled, although I still haven't heard from Tom one way or the other. Having said that, they have changed the TuneECU website to reflect the exact wording from the manual since I raised it with them.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...