News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ogri

Started by fraser j ross, May 25, 2014, 12:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraser j ross

Just bought an Ogri t shirt on e bay  :icon_lol: which somehow got me on to y/tube.  There is a film on Ogri might be of interest if you are of a certain age. :icon_rolleyes:

nickjtc

I must be one of those 'special age' people. Really enjoyed the early Ogri strips in the first issues of BIKE magazine.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I confess to being that physical age. They used short cartoon leaders on one of the Discovery channel programs. I think he was actually a moral touchstone for many of us in our teens at that time, now he's the voice of frustration of things that cannot be said for fear of offending anyone.

I must look for that video when I can  :icon_salut:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fraser j ross

Like it Sin "physical age" :-)

John Stenhouse

You know the saying.................

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

:iagree

Its funny, I can remember the icons from my youth, Desperate Dan, Roy of the Rovers, Dan Dare, Ogri. I just can't remember the transitions between them and any connection to real life events of the time. OK no more weird thoughts today.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 25, 2014, 02:26:21 PM
I just can't remember the transitions between them and any connection to real life events of the time.

Same for all of us, I think. Time passes by increasingly rapidly as we get into the twilight of our years. Back in the early Ogri days BIKE magazine was only published sporadically so we had to learn patience to see the next Ogri 'adventure'.

That's why I am really enjoying the ownership of Stanley. He is past his prime but still has a lot of life left in him. Did a valve check and carb balance yesterday and found everything ship shape with no adjustments necessary.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Geoff W

No longer in Bike magazine , as he doesn't ride a new shiny bike he doesn't fit in. Can be found living quite happily in Back Street Heroes.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Thanks, it would never have occured to me to look there, just doesn't seem appropriate somehow  :nono.

It's a bit like waking up one day as a teenager to find out from the news that Debi Harry was previously a man  :bug_eye ,  feel sort of violated  :icon_frown:

Geoff W

Judging by the pictures I have seen of Debbie H in her relative youth , she was certainly never a man, but neither was she a blonde. One fit lady.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.