News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carb adjustments....

Started by HeavyHustler, June 21, 2014, 12:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

So I ordered some new carb caps cause I broke one of the nipples off trying to remove the rubber........ :icon_rolleyes:  And since I was ordering from BB I figured I'd get a new set of needles and a couple gaskets for the chain cover.
So when I took the carbs apart I figured I'd check my settings.  I had the jets at 2-1/4 turns out and found 1 and 3 had moved all the way back in.  I also found my floats were out as well.  I am putting everything back as it should be but am wondering how they change????
Cheers,
Mark

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: HeavyHustler on June 21, 2014, 12:48:23 AM
I had the jets at 2-1/4 turns out and found 1 and 3 had moved all the way back in.  I also found my floats were out as well.  I am putting everything back as it should be but am wondering how they change????

Japanese Voodoo  :bad

Check the idle mixture screws to make sure you have the O ring in place and assembled in the right order, i.e. screw - spring - washer - O ring NOT as shown the in the fiche. Invest in a quality 90 deg driver, it's easy to skip if you do it with a stubby, then when you check it with the right tool you notice.

If you want to be sure they're not moving, stick a blob of Blue Tack over the ends.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HeavyHustler

Thank ST, I was suspicious of the JPN Voodoo!  LOL!

The mixture screws were still in place.......