News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

scotland

Started by Robert Williams, June 22, 2014, 11:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Williams

Hi, is any body going to Scotland on the Friday, coming up M6, would like to meet up at Gretna services,

mat-tiger1

Sorry Robert, i will be passing that way but i'm heading up on the Thursday. :icon_frown:

You're more than welcome to join us (PeteH, Spud & Myself) for the journey up on Thursday if you can wangle an extra day off work?   :icon_wink:

Spud & i are setting out from Cannock around 08:00 meeting up with PeteH at Poplar 2000 services (Lymm) have a quick break there, so we'll probably be up at Gretna for around 11:30 - 12:00 ish. :thumbsup

Let me know if you're interested?  :icon_biggrin:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Just a thought for those travelling up and tempted to take the M8 through the centre of Glasgow, or even going through Glasgow city.

Remember the Commonwealth Games are on, so it might get a bit busy. Probably not a problem on the bike of course but be aware that there will be a lot of out of town and even foreign (as in wrong side of the road) drivers about, so be extra careful  :icon_eek:

I'll check and post up if I find any diverts or advisories that might affect the route nearer the time. If you want alternatives sing out and I'll be happy to suggest alternatives.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

would you recommend the ferry and doing the rest and be thankful route Sin ?

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Quotewould you recommend the ferry and doing the rest and be thankful route

A83 is definitely a good road to enjoy, landslide risk in the summer is low but they are doing a lot of roadworks currently to alleviate that, so traffic might be heavy. Going cross country to Gourock  then ferry to Dunoon and on up through Inverarry is a great road but it adds a lot to your journey time. Let me check and post up some alternative routes with times for those interested when I have a better internet connection.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Cheers Sin just looking at alternative route that the group I'm riding up with my want to try instead of being stuck in crowds in Glasgow   :augie

PeteH

Probably looking at getting to Glasgow early afternoon so I reckon that if an events on the crowds should all be occupied, if not then the run up past Loch Lomond etc will be worth any inconvenience, but im open to suggestions....
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Spud

Quote from: PeteH on June 26, 2014, 01:05:02 AM
Probably looking at getting to Glasgow early afternoon so I reckon that if an events on the crowds should all be occupied, if not then the run up past Loch Lomond etc will be worth any inconvenience, but im open to suggestions....

That's a nice run and a stop for a pie at the Green welly  :thumbsup

PeteH

I was going to suggest a stop at Inveruglas, visitor center and cafe right on the Loch, dont see why we cant stop twice tho  :thumbsup

Spud

Quote from: PeteH on June 26, 2014, 07:30:16 PM
I was going to suggest a stop at Inveruglas, visitor center and cafe right on the Loch, dont see why we cant stop twice tho  :thumbsup

Never stopped there before so that could be interesting

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: PeteH on June 26, 2014, 07:30:16 PM

The "Cafe" is no great shakes there, the only thing going for it is the view down the loch, a better buttie / toilet stop is Luss north end next to the Tourist information, good wee shop with home baking and a decent brew.

XJC

There's only one stop here that you're missing out on guys and that's ma hoose. Yer missing out on the A70 and the b743 that Englanders going north will never ever travel on. You would be well advised to ride it and my initial invite is still open.

As for Sins fears of congestion.That's for Singapore and south of Manchester. No worries.  :icon_wink:

X.
The brain is useless. We must find another brain.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: XJC on June 28, 2014, 02:19:10 AM
There's only one stop here that you're missing out on guys and that's ma hoose. Yer missing out on the A70 and the b743 that Englanders going north will never ever travel on. You would be well advised to ride it and my initial invite is still open.

As for Sins fears of congestion.That's for Singapore and south of Manchester. No worries.  :icon_wink:

X.

:iagree A70 / B743 is one of the alternatives, as for congestion, well by Glasgow standards it'll be a bit busier than normal, about the same as an Old Firm football match at Ibrox  :icon_lol:

PeteH

All noted guys, and thanks for the invite XJC , you never know we might make a detour. Anyone meeting up with Robert on the way up on Friday ?

Spud

I am looking at doing J.O.G. across to Tongue and down the middle back to the big lake if anyone is interested in a little ride on the Friday