News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is there a way to make the throttle twist lighter?

Started by BP_LONDON, March 19, 2005, 07:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

After riding the S3 I realised how heavy the tiger throttle really is. I'd love to make it a little lighter....is this possible on the Tigger? I realise it is better to have a slightly heavier throttle on a touring bike but I was just wondering if it was possible to make it easier/lighter to twist.

greg

Solution 1. Turn off the heated grips

Solution 2. Do wrist exercises (Not that, it would lead to jerky progress)

Solution 3. Loctite the grip at around 4500rpm for constant peak torque

Solution 4. Wait for sensible solutions from another less flippant site user
2004 Girly.

:idea:   The only way I can think of is to fit a lighter return spring on the butterflies. Don't ask how or where to get one from coz I don't know.

modre

>The only way I can think of is to fit a lighter return spring on the butterflies.<

I wouldn't do that...I'd leave the heavy returns alone, but fit a light helper advance spring to lighten up the twist...it will overcome the heavy return to give you a "false" easy twist without compromising the return.

springs are available at the local hardware store

TigerTrax

I think I'd take a look at any friction points on the throttle grip.

If that looks OK ... pull your tank and follow the cable and make certain it's adjusted OK.  Drop some cable grease in it and work it some.

If this fails.

Refer to first posting.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Kill Switch

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"After riding the S3 I realised how heavy the tiger throttle really is. I'd love to make it a little lighter....is this possible on the Tigger? I realise it is better to have a slightly heavier throttle on a touring bike but I was just wondering if it was possible to make it easier/lighter to twist.

Grow stronger!  :D

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Kill Switch"
Quote from: "BP_LONDON"After riding the S3 I realised how heavy the tiger throttle really is. I'd love to make it a little lighter....is this possible on the Tigger? I realise it is better to have a slightly heavier throttle on a touring bike but I was just wondering if it was possible to make it easier/lighter to twist.

Grow stronger!  :D

:D I used ro rock climb for many years so forearm strength is not an issue!!  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "BP_LONDON":D I used ro rock climb for many years so forearm strength is not an issue!!  :mrgreen:

You sure that was the rock climbing?  :shock:

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Blacktiger"
Quote from: "BP_LONDON":D I used ro rock climb for many years so forearm strength is not an issue!!  :mrgreen:

You sure that was the rock climbing?  :shock:

:shock:  :oops: