News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

885i tilt switch (tip over) retrofit

Started by klingklang, August 03, 2015, 03:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

as the title say, I am thinking to retrofit the 955i tilt switch to my 885i.  I did not like the smoke out of the bike last time. yes, the left side ...again.  I am thinking to use the sidepost switch circuit.   any suggestion?    :nap

Bixxer Bob

Using the sidestand switch circuit will only cut the engine if it falls over in gear.  If it falls over in neutral (rolling off the stand for instance) it will continue to run.  I'd look at the kill switch circuit.

Edit:  I've checked both the Triumph and the Haynes manual wiring diagrams for clues and neither show the tilt switch (even though it has one.... )  :^_^
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

:iagree in series with the kill switch is probably your best and simplest option.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

klingklang

you're right.  it will be better.  I am shy no to have thought of it .  next project....  thank you

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...