News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Plastic welding

Started by rf9rider, July 08, 2014, 12:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

I know the tanks and bodywork are nylon, just wondering if anyone has tried or had any welding done successfully?
As a last resort to my tank issues, i was thinking of making a plate from the same material and welding it on over the problem hole?

threepot

I used a 2pack epoxy adhesive to cure 2 leaks on my tank. Touch wood,its held for nearly 2yrs. It stated on the packet'oil and petrol resistant'. You could try something like that?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

What did you use?

Tried several things that have supposed to have been petrol resistant without success.

threepot

It was something I bought from 'Buyology' . I'll try and find it,or call to store to see if its still on sale.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

Bixxer Bob

Off topic for a moment Mark, I have a clutch cover for you from Rybes.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on July 10, 2014, 12:11:58 AM
Off topic for a moment Mark, I have a clutch cover for you from Rybes.

Thanks mate, he did tell me, hoping to go over and see Rybes on Sunday but first i have to get my bike MOT`ed.
Was going to see if you fancied a ride over with me?

If not i`ll call in and pick it up.

Bixxer Bob

It's a possibility, depends on the weather I think, and what the boss has planned.  I already have a pass for Saturday - she's going to Duxford with her dad and I'll going to Cadwell for the Trident and Rocket 3 club bash.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...