News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Does it ever end?

Started by ssevy, July 27, 2014, 01:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

Another 270 miles today. Still running strong. I think I've got it licked this time!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

ssevy

One of my rear turn signal indicators broke at the shaft, so I used 3 pieces of hack saw blade as splints, and wrapped it with silicone tape. Works fine, but I need to replace both, as the plastic/rubber of which they are made has apparently dried out and become brittle with time. I want to keep something pretty large like the originals, as I like people behind me to know that I am turning, and which direction it will be!

I was most fortunate while reconnecting the turn signal wire to notice that I have some mouse damage to several of the wires coming from the fuse box. Why they haven't shorted out yet is a mystery, but I was able to clean them with contact cleaner, and then slip heat shrink tubing over the bare spots and shrink it in place. Even though I have disconnected that connector before and greased the terminal block, I had never noticed the bare wires. This was a very lucky find, as it could have caused lots of problems, and would have been a real needle in a haystack to find.

Did another 200 miles today, and the bike again ran flawlessly.

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Good to see its finally sorted................................hopefully.