News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steering stop

Started by JayDub, July 14, 2014, 08:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

After reverting to standard bars I find that they hit the tank!... there doesn't seem to be a stop lug, can't see properly without dismantling but are the steering stops on steamers prone to breaking off? or are they even a bolt-on type, as I can feel something on the tube which could be a hole  :icon_eek:
Does anyone have their plastics off atm and could check pleeese?

ram33

dont know if i can link to another forum? but there are some pics here that should help
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/133261-tiger-885-frame-cracked.html
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

JayDub

Thanks ram33, that makes more sense... looks like the lug has snapped off - I'm guessing that's it at the bottom where the head bearings are - I don't think that bit's on mine  :icon_rolleyes:

Sin_Tiger

Some people grind them off to make adjusting the headstock nuts, go on ask me how I know  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Sin_Tiger

It was like that when I bought it officer   :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

I think I'll just live with it for now, I don't want to dismantle the front end to weld a new lug on, if I didn't dismantle then I could damage the bearings - even by boiling the grease - so I'll try not to blast the horn when turning sharp left  :icon_lol:... I'm glad I fitted those risers as well now  :augie

rf9rider

You might have to do something with it when its MOT time, think its a fail if you can "trap your fingers" between bars and tank, i had a similar issue with aftermarket bars on a YZF750 i once owned.

JayDub

It didn't get a mention at its MOT last month, but then the other bars were higher. Well, I've nearly 11 months to forget about it  :icon_wink: