News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engines locked up ?

Started by rybes, July 08, 2014, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

Quote from: rybes on July 12, 2014, 08:15:18 PM
:qgreenjumpers :wav :wav :tigger :occasion14 :wav :tigger
ahhhhhhh...  Tigger has a Hard On?  :bug_eye  :ImaPoser  Is that why the engine locked?   :bad

I guess those emoticons mean you got her started?
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

I'm guessing it worked then  :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Looks like your lucks changing mate  :thumbsup

rybes

yes its workin :D so i get to ride back to denmark on weds  :wheel

as no one was anywhere near close to why the engine locked up, heres the answer. all triumph engines aint the same. the new engines covers are all flakey n crap lookin so i swapped over my black cases to the grey engine. however, the crank shaft on the new engine is differnt to the tiger one and so is the figure 8 engine case. the tiger crank has a smooth end and the new lump has a thing stickin out of the end of the crank. the new engines cover sound deadenin panel inside the cover is smaller than the tiger one. it was the crank on the new engines lump hittin a screw on the tiger casins sound deadenin panel so i didnt need to split the engine after all  :BangHead
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

I think you deserve a salute for not chucking the lump in the river, which is what I'd have probably done at the first sign of trouble

:icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

ram33

Quote from: rybes on July 13, 2014, 11:35:58 AM
yes its workin :D so i get to ride back to denmark on weds  :wheel

as no one was anywhere near close to why the engine locked up, heres the answer. all triumph engines aint the same. the new engines covers are all flakey n crap lookin so i swapped over my black cases to the grey engine. however, the crank shaft on the new engine is differnt to the tiger one and so is the figure 8 engine case. the tiger crank has a smooth end and the new lump has a thing stickin out of the end of the crank. the new engines cover sound deadenin panel inside the cover is smaller than the tiger one. it was the crank on the new engines lump hittin a screw on the tiger casins sound deadenin panel so i didnt need to split the engine after all  :BangHead
thats what i thought  :icon_wink:
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

rybes

:wheel  :wheel it lives. all taxed and ready to go for a ride. be back later  :icon_wink:

GavD

How have you got on with the re-calibration of your left foot/brain for the racing gearbox??  :kboom
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rybes

nope. had quite a few wrong gear changes today  :icon_lol: but ill get used to it.......eventually