News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Scottoiler location 04 Tiger 955i

Started by Fentible, September 02, 2015, 04:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fentible

I struggled to find a suitable easy fit location for my Scottoiler so bit the bullet and bought some 3mm sheet aluminium. £10 got me a huge off-cut from the local metal store. An empty cornflake packet donated its carcase and hacksaw in hand, the fun began. Much measuring, filing, drilling and polishing later, this is what I ended up with;

For the oil reservoir holding bracket, on my Tiger, there was a hole in the chassis that I drilled out to 7.5mm and tapped to M8 for a suitable allen head bolt. The space was just right for the Scottoiler.

Next the dispenser, I like the twin feed dispensers but didn't want to drill into the swing-arm for the mounting bracket. The only existing hole was the rear chain-guard (now hugger) mount so I avoided the small discrete approach and opted for an 'in your face' bracket.

I routed the feed tube through a small gap in the frame bracket and which exited through an existing hole in the frame tube.

It clears the shock by a considerable margin and its easily accessible behind the side cover for filling and adjustment.

JayDub