News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Side Stand Switch

Started by HeavyHustler, August 16, 2014, 09:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyHustler

So after my last off-road excursion my side stand safety switch seems to think that the bike is in gear and won't let me start it unless the stand is up.
Now.  Is this solely the side stand switch that has gone funky or is there something with the neutral sensor?
Can I just take the two wires from the SSS and tie then together and call it a day?
TIA lads!
Cheers,
Mark

ssevy

I personally would not bypass the switch. The entire purpose is to prevent you accidentally taking off with the side stand down which could be catastrophic. I would replace it.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

ned37

sounds like the sss is ok but the gear one is bad.. imo the sss is nice for us alzheimer riders, but my tiger is the only bike i have that has one, and i don't have a prob with any of the others.  besides, that first left turn will put up your stand :bug_eye
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

rf9rider

Does the neutral light work?

HeavyHustler

Yes the N light works.  I will check my neutral sensor.  :nap

Mustang

Quote from: HeavyHustler on August 18, 2014, 04:49:23 AM
Yes the N light works.  I will check my neutral sensor.  :nap
that seems like a waste of time ......................
if the light works , it works .
try putting an ohm meter across the side stand switch wires.
it's a simple switch open or closed depending which position the switch is in
and just for an fyi
it's usually the clutch switch that plays up
any one of those will make it think it's in gear
I would be looking at the clutch switch if the stand switch checks out ok with a meter .

HeavyHustler

Thanks Mustang.  I will check those as well.   :icon_study: