News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tiger Meet 2015 - Wales

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 13, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Ok, opening shots, over to you Threepot; suggestions for dates, ideas for routes etc  :blah
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Please, please, please, first three weekends only or I can't come
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

PeteH

Ok, as its early days I`ve had a quick mooch at whats available accomadation wise and have forwarded this place to Treepot and he`s going to check it out

http://www.thedragonsback.co.uk/find-us/4579348181

Rekcon what we need for starters is who`s planning on going and what they plan or hope to stay in ie B n B, camping, bunkhouse or whatever
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Spud

Count me in, and I will see you Saturday

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

I'm in,provided it's on one of the first three weekends

Bixxer Bob

I'm guessing we're talking first three weekends IN JULY?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 15, 2014, 09:30:29 AM
I'm guessing we're talking first three weekends IN JULY?

I was wondering that and getting nervous that we were going in January....

First three weekends are free in July for me too.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

Yes July, I'm ok earlier if we fancy June, but after the 25th I'm in Poland

JayDub

I'm up for this... July is good  :bad, I was near Dragons back recently is that the one at the rear of the Castle inn pub on the A479?- it was on my list of cheap sites but went for Pyscodlyn farm site instead coz I was going too fast and missed it...  that was OK too, basic but maybe too family friendly for a large number of noisy, sweaty bikers (but just 6 quid a night :augie)
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

HonaTigger

The Dragons Back looks good  :thumbs up

daveb

Have a look at this campsite too http://www.blossompark.co.uk

Another forum I am a member of, they have camped there over the last 2 years.  Think the golf course does a great breakfast too.

threepot

Rhayader would be a good base? Some nice riding roads,Elan valley dams. There is a good campsite a short walk out of the town..www.wyesidecampsite.co.uk   A few pubs,hotels.
Or base it further north,Snowdonia?  I stopped in Llangollen on the way back from Scotland,I thought that might be a good place? What about rideouts? Have one on Fri and Sat,or just Sat?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

I was hoping we'd find a base in a fairly central location then do a ride North, South or / and central as the mood or weather permitted. So Rhayader could be useful and it is a beautiful spot.  The advantage of Wales is it easier to get to for most folks compared with Fort Augustus, so perhaps more rideouts?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

daveb

No probs, not to far away from Rhyader is the devils staircase, risen this once  it's about a 1:4 incline

Hope this link works

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQL8wC6v2D0

This is my vid, http://vid4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/DaveBelton/bike%20stuff/devilsstaircase-hairpin.mp4

It's narrow, and steep