News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tiger Meet 2015 - Wales

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 13, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Yeah,and the Abergwesyn pass just below
95 Super111
96 Tiger

John Stenhouse

That looks fun, and I need the practice on hairpins
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Quote from: threepot on August 17, 2014, 07:28:36 PM
Rhayader would be a good base? Some nice riding roads,Elan valley dams. There is a good campsite a short walk out of the town..www.wyesidecampsite.co.uk   A few pubs,hotels.
Or base it further north,Snowdonia?  I stopped in Llangollen on the way back from Scotland,I thought that might be a good place? What about rideouts? Have one on Fri and Sat,or just Sat?

You need to be looking at the area between the dams and Tregaron,Llangollen is great so long as you don't mind dealing with all the weekend power rangers.

JayDub

Quote from: HonaTigger on August 15, 2014, 06:26:21 PM
The Dragons Back looks good  :thumbs up
Oops! did I mention the pub  :icon_lol:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

daveb

Threepot, that looks like a fun bit of tarmac  :thumbsup

threepot

Quote from: daveb on August 18, 2014, 01:07:17 PM
Well,if we base the meet somewhere in mid-Wales,we'll ride it. The Dragons Back PeteH suggested looks OK? I could go check it out. That would be a good spot to ride the Beacons,Elan valley etc. Not to far from the coast either. North..Snowdonia might be a push tho,unless we had 2 rideouts?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

daveb

Quote from: threepot on August 18, 2014, 02:05:37 PM
Quote from: daveb on August 18, 2014, 01:07:17 PM
Well,if we base the meet somewhere in mid-Wales,we'll ride it. The Dragons Back PeteH suggested looks OK? I could go check it out. That would be a good spot to ride the Beacons,Elan valley etc. Not to far from the coast either. North..Snowdonia might be a push tho,unless we had 2 rideouts?

The coast, I live about 40 minutes from the Gower.   :icon_biggrin: but that's too far south for the rest of the Tiger Owners.

Should be a Devilish ride out..... Devils back, devils staircase why not add the devil bridge falls   :augie http://www.devilsbridgefalls.co.uk/

I will need to work things out closer to the Time as I am looking to go on holiday abroad in July 2015

Micko

All sounds good to me. Love Wales and have grown up loving north wales..originally coming from Chester and have had great memories of both mid and South Wales an all. Can fit in with any dates (sure the mrs will be ok) so count me in.

JayDub

So is this a camping thang? as I'm not really a B&B/Hotel type, I suppose I could be tempted towards a bunkhouse in adverse conditions.  I much prefer being under canvas/polyester and cooking on a single burner, I can't be out in all that nature and hide in a box  :blah  :icon_lol:

PeteH

Quote from: JayDub on August 29, 2014, 09:03:46 PM
So is this a camping thang? as I'm not really a B&B/Hotel type, I suppose I could be tempted towards a bunkhouse in adverse conditions.  I much prefer being under canvas/polyester and cooking on a single burner, I can't be out in all that nature and hide in a box  :blah  :icon_lol:
Thats why I looked at the Dragons Back...options for all three to keep everyone happy, the other options Threepots in Ryader... close to the town and so B & B`s, theres also one or two in Snowdonia, even one with its own micro brewery :nod
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

JayDub

threepot

Had  a ride out today to check some roads for the Wales meet. Depends where we base it?? If its based at the Dragons back,there's plenty of nice riding roads in that area. I rode up to Llandovery,Llyn Brianne dam,Tregaron,Devils Bridge,Elan Valley,Eppynt mountain range. A nice route if we base down here? Snowdonia would be nice too,but doing both in one day might be a push?unless we had 2 rideouts? Up to you guys??? I stopped in Devils bridge,at the Hafod Hotel. A nice Victorian style place. They can accommodate us and the bikes for lunch. www.thehafodhotel.co.uk.   Nice road from there to Elan Valley:-) Will check out the  Dragons Back tomorrow.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

When I was there I passed Dragons back on the way to the site in Crickhowell, T'was a good road, I then hit the A40 to Haverfordwest which was also good in most places except for the dual carriageway bits, The Dragons back had no signs to identify itself, but I recognised it from the website as the Castle Inn. Thanks for your time TP, sounds like a good excuse for some two wheeled sex as well.  :bad

threepot

Called at the Castle Inn (Dragons Back) yesterday after visiting the local Guzzi club just outside Abergavenny with a friend. Strange meet really..2 turned up on 1200 Explorers,there were 2 BM's and about 4 Guzzi's. They used to hold meets at the Castle Inn. Apparently there are new owners there,but they are closed Sunday :icon_scratch: One chap in the Guzzi's club said he'd heared relatively good reports about quality of food and accommodation,but the owner is a bit of an oddball..whatever that means :icon_eek:  I must say I wasn't overley impressed by my first impression of the place,and because they were closed,couldn't have a good look around. Its very isolated. Personally,I would prefer a town location,with a selection of Pubs. What do you lot think?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Oddball = strange one... I do isolated, or quiet towns   :thumbsup not a drinker so not really bothered either way. Didn't think we would need much outside entertainment (depending on how many turn up) Maybe Sin can give us a talk on Landrovers?  :icon_razz: