News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is a Tiger Meet USA 201x7 worth doing?

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 13, 2014, 09:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 04, 2015, 12:27:18 AM
Since starting this the management has started making plans to visit our friends in Australia next year.  I can't fund both so this will have to be held over fro another time.   :icon_cry:

Happy that you're planning a trip to Oz Bixxer!  :icon_cool: (don't forget the ride report!)

Gutted that you won't be able to make a USA trip with yer old mukkas. :icon_cry:

Just checking, how many are we now guys? Do we still have enough interested to make a trip viable?  :^_^
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 04, 2015, 12:27:18 AM
Since starting this the management has started making plans to visit our friends in Australia next year.  I can't fund both so this will have to be held over fro another time.   :icon_cry:

And there we were under the impression that you'd already got permission.
:icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on August 04, 2015, 01:32:59 AM
Just checking, how many are we now guys? Do we still have enough interested to make a trip viable?  :^_^

Well, going by what's been posted so far the cost doesn't seem to alter with the numbers. And I'd prefer a select few rather than a dozen. Fewer people to please that way. :augie

Bixxer Bob

Good point H.  Permission wasn't the issue, but our friends in Oz are a lot older than us so she wants to go while they still draw breath.  Won't be a ride report as we'll be spending most of our time aboard this old lady: 

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

It'll be more like excerpts from the 'Captain's log' then eh Bixxer?  :icon_salut: :thumbsup
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on August 04, 2015, 03:33:50 PM
It'll be more like excerpts from the 'Captain's log' then eh Bixxer?  :icon_salut: :thumbsup

No one wants to see a Captains log.  :Topes

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Spud

It was indeed myself that spoke to Roddy, there needs to be 6 bikes to fill a container that's a 20 footer. But I have just been not so gently reminded that it's the Mrs 50th next year and she took me to Japan for mine. Apparently I had completely forgotten which I actually had not just going to both trips  :augie

So I am happy to postpone the trip for a year or if people want to go still I am more than happy to help out in the organisation of things

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

blacktiger

Quote from: Spud on August 06, 2015, 08:51:43 AM
It was indeed myself that spoke to Roddy, there needs to be 6 bikes to fill a container that's a 20 footer. But I have just been not so gently reminded that it's the Mrs 50th next year and she took me to Japan for mine. Apparently I had completely forgotten which I actually had not just going to both trips  :augie

So I am happy to postpone the trip for a year or if people want to go still I am more than happy to help out in the organisation of things

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Certainly for me 2017 could be better as my first year of retirement (2016)could be a little too busy trying to fit everything in. BUT having said that I'm still willing to go in 2016 if there's enough interest.

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on August 06, 2015, 05:03:58 PM
Northumberland or Ireland then? :augie

Ha ha ha! Yeah.
In the original survey there were two that were interested in France/Spain. And one interested in east Europe. Can anyone tell who they were?
If my Spanish property search in April comes to fruition I could have a place to stay for beer money. :hat10

mat-tiger1

Quote from: threepot on August 06, 2015, 05:03:58 PM
Northumberland or Ireland then? :augie
Quote from: blacktiger on August 06, 2015, 05:11:40 PM
Ha ha ha! Yeah.
In the original survey there were two that were interested in France/Spain. And one interested in east Europe. Can anyone tell who they were?
If my Spanish property search in April comes to fruition I could have a place to stay for beer money. :hat10

If we don't do the USA then i'd vote for Ireland in the 1st instance, at least we'd have a bit of an overseas adventure!  :icon_cool: (No offence Geoff!)

However, i'm liking BT's thought process!  :thumbsup Some Spanish Trails with Paella & Cerveza afterwards?   :XXsunsmile

Wait! Here's a thought BT :icon_idea: why not open a Spanish trail-riding centre that serves real ales??  :icon_biggrin:

I'd definitely put my name down for that!!  :occasion14

Nick Calne

Just about to move house, so perhaps Northumberland, Ireland or Spain next year is more realistic for me.

I still think a meet up this year to plan out a few things re USA and whatever else would be cool.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Maybe you guys should lay this thread to rest and start a new one................ "What DO we want to do for our ride in 2016??"  :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

No Nick the correct title should be 'what can we afford / what will our wives tolerate'.

What we would, almost to man, WANT to do would be a mega round the world trip.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?