News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is a Tiger Meet USA 201x7 worth doing?

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 13, 2014, 09:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

received from the States

Hi John,

Thank you for choosing to contact EagleRider! I can definitely assist you in making this happen, but I'll need to know when you would like to pick-up and drop off as well as what city you wish to pick-up and drop off at.

Once I have this information I can get you all the information you'll need.

Kind regards,

Samuel Madrid

Reservations Supervisor

EagleRider Corporate

11860 S. La Cienega Blvd.

Hawthorne, CA 90250

e: samuel@eaglerider.com

p: 310.536.6777 [ext. 1169]

f: 310.536.6770

www.eaglerider.com

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

threepot

Would it be cheaper/easier to hire Tigers out there?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Hemibee

Quote from: threepot on August 19, 2014, 06:40:46 PM
Would it be cheaper/easier to hire Tigers out there?

If you did the trip in 1 week, the rental fee on a Tiger would be $1834USD (approx $262USD per day) at today's rate unless some kind of group deal could be set up.  This is a coast to coast ride.  If the bike was rented and returned to the same location you would not be charged the relocation fee of approximately $735USD.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

Nick Calne

The big problem with shipping the bike would be 10 weeks without a bike in summer.  I'm taking mine as hand luggage.  Steamers weigh less than 25kg, right?  :icon_eek:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

motoOzarks

Missouri's in the middle.

Somebody should rent mine.  Fly here, ride with your buddies, fly back. 

I work too much in the summers to participate myself, maybe meet up with a group if you come close by, for example through Arkansas.

If my meager possessions will help somebody just ask,  place to work on bikes, shower off, have parts delivered, store a bike, etc.

Sounds like getting here will be half your fun.
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Sin_Tiger

Damn kind offer, you might wake up the next morning and find your garage empty  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on August 19, 2014, 08:30:29 PM
The big problem with shipping the bike would be 10 weeks without a bike in summer.

Of course there are some of us here who might say that a month of riding over here would more than satiate the riding urge so that losing 5 weeks at each end would not matter!  :icon_lol:

And there are others who might say, very quietly, this is a good excuse to have a second bike :augie :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Spud

6 votes so far by the look of it, so that could be a container full. I am away in Spain for 2 weeks from this Saturday the Tiger going to get some sun and play in the twisties in the Pyrenees.

So if there's enough genuine interest in the states trip when I get back I can do some serious research and get some price's together or if people would like a European trip Norway or Austria for instance I could look at that as well

nickjtc

Not wishing to hijack the thread, but, has there ever been any effort from the group this side of the Atlantic to organise a get together here?
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on August 21, 2014, 05:28:56 PM
Not wishing to hijack the thread, but, has there ever been any effort from the group this side of the Atlantic to organise a get together here?
there have been a few ..............

Jasper Arkansas (a few times)
West Va
Western Pennsylvania

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Spud on August 21, 2014, 02:30:35 PM
6 votes so far by the look of it, so that could be a container full. I am away in Spain for 2 weeks from this Saturday the Tiger going to get some sun and play in the twisties in the Pyrenees.

So if there's enough genuine interest in the states trip when I get back I can do some serious research and get some price's together or if people would like a European trip Norway or Austria for instance I could look at that as well

Hi guys, I just voted & as much as I'd love to ride in the states,   :icon_cool::rock (& I'm not ruling it out  :augie)
I think a European tour might be financially more viable for most with possibly more takers?  :icon_scratch:
We could arrange to meet up a with our European Tiger owning cousins en route perhaps?  :wheel
Just a suggestion.  :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Spud

Just back from the Pyrenees and was thinking the same, I have a mate down there that would be more than happy to put a guide together for us. The roads are absolutely stunning mile upon mile of race track condition flat top with very little traffic on them. Cops seem friendly first hand experience, he asked me why I was in Spain and I replied to race around on your glorious roads, he checked the number plate and then said "English sorry did not realise, have a great holiday" and walked off. Thought I was up for a ticket at least.
Another time I did a couple of cars out of a tight hairpin only to realise the first car was a plod motor, they just waved as I was going past when I immediately sat up, they laughed. But a mate did get a ticket so perhaps they are all not like it.

If people are interested I can put some plans together

mat-tiger1

I did the 10 countries run earlier this year ( http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,13783.0.html ) & although it was long days & lots of miles, i wouldn't mind going back to some of the countries and taking a bit more time to explore!  :icon_biggrin:

If there were enough of us interested we could book bunkhouses, campsites etc along the way? Meet up with other Tigertriple.com members over there & see a little of the roads/trails they have to offer? :icon_cool:

Oh & don't forget the beer!! :occasion14
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

threepot

Why not  'Euro' meet in 2015?? I know Wales has been selected,but a meet outside the UK would be a change. Wales in 2016?Always wanted to ride northern Spain,up thru France :nod
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud

Quote from: threepot on September 09, 2014, 05:36:03 PM
Why not  'Euro' meet in 2015?? I know Wales has been selected,but a meet outside the UK would be a change. Wales in 2016?Always wanted to ride northern Spain,up thru France :nod

Down through France across the Pyrenees and back up through France ?