News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is a Tiger Meet USA 201x7 worth doing?

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 13, 2014, 09:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: NickVladivostock on August 07, 2015, 06:38:54 PM
No Nick the correct title should be 'what can we afford / what will our wives tolerate'.

What we would, almost to man, WANT to do would be a mega round the world trip.

Yeeeha!  :iagree
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on August 07, 2015, 11:33:56 AM
Wait! Here's a thought BT :icon_idea: why not open a Spanish trail-riding centre that serves real ales??  :icon_biggrin:

I'd definitely put my name down for that!!  :occasion14

's funny because other people have suggested that but I've dismissed the idea because there'd be no beer left by the time any visitors arrived.  :^_^ :icon_redface:

BUT, if I do move down there, there would certainly be an open invite for forum members. One stipulation would be that you arrive with plenty of decent RAIB. For the uninitiated that stands for "Real Ale In a Bottle". :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Great. So we start at our various locations, i.e. where our sorry arses lands when our other halves kick is out into the street. Leg one, head for Spain, drink Blackies fridge dry. Leg two, head for Vladivostock to drink Nick's vodka and collect him to head for a ferry. Leg three, head for the US to see if they'll let us in.  :thumbsup  Sorted
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

The core of a brilliant plan is emerging...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Geoff W

USA has never been an option for me, but if you want a weekend in Northumberland/borders sorting let me know, I can sort out a couple of hundred miles of interesting roads fairly easily.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Spud

off to the Pyrenees and Spain at the end of the month, was there in May as well if you want an interesting trip to Spain no problem. Roads no problem, history and roads no problem, History roads and trails no problem or just trails no problem

The States trip does not have to be cancelled interested parties can still go or wait a year

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

nickjtc

Quote from: Geoff W on August 07, 2015, 10:12:59 PM
USA has never been an option for me, but if you want a weekend in Northumberland/borders sorting let me know, I can sort out a couple of hundred miles of interesting roads fairly easily.

And I'll say this very quietly.............. ditto. If one or two of you wanted to come here and do the self guided thing I KNOW there would be insured bikes for you to ride, gratis. Just make up your freakin' minds..... :icon_confused: :augie :icon_scratch: :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

rf9rider

A few know on here, but we have a house in Southern Spain, only had it a couple of years, but if anyones down that way and we`re there you`re welcome to drop by!
Thats the main reason why i`ve been quiet on here, spending most of our time doing jobs over there and neglecting the Steamer  :icon_redface:

Spud

Quote from: rf9rider on August 12, 2015, 04:25:36 AM
A few know on here, but we have a house in Southern Spain, only had it a couple of years, but if anyones down that way and we`re there you`re welcome to drop by!
Thats the main reason why i`ve been quiet on here, spending most of our time doing jobs over there and neglecting the Steamer  :icon_redface:

Riding to Spain through France on my DR350 catching ferry on the 4th

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

rf9rider

We`re not back out there until 2nd week in October.

blacktiger

So to resurrect this thread. I have a plan to ship my Tiger800XC to south America later this year. Probably somewhere around the end of November/early December. The first idea is to ride to Ushuaia and then be back in place for the 2017 DAKAR rally. After that to just work my way north.
How does that relate to this thread? Well, when I'm getting to Ecuador and Columbia I need to make a decision on whether to carry on north and into the USA. That'll probably be May June time(????) and it would be good to join up with a 2017 expedition of Tigers.

ssevy

My offer still stands if anyone is interested.
I'd also be happy to be a guide for anyone traveling to my Adirondack region.
Tools and garage available, and a nice backyard for a tent.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: blacktiger on February 10, 2016, 03:05:06 PM
So to resurrect this thread. I have a plan to ship my Tiger800XC to south America later this year. Probably somewhere around the end of November/early December. The first idea is to ride to Ushuaia and then be back in place for the 2017 DAKAR rally. After that to just work my way north.
How does that relate to this thread? Well, when I'm getting to Ecuador and Columbia I need to make a decision on whether to carry on north and into the USA. That'll probably be May June time(????) and it would be good to join up with a 2017 expedition of Tigers.

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime BT  :notworthy And as i said before, it would be great to meet up with our colonial Tiger cousins one day! :friday:
Why don't we re-energise the thread into a "Is a Tiger Meet in USA 2017 worth doing?" ? :thumbsup At least that will give the rest of us time enough to save up!  :icon_cool:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

So guys, out of the 11 of you who voted for a possible states trip this year, (+ anyone else of course!) who would be interested in looking at the possibility of arranging something for next year?  :^_^

We could possibly tie the trip in with Blacktiger's world tour  :notworthy or our USA/Canadian members tiger meets?? :icon_cool:

By starting the ball rolling now it would give us all time to plan, prepare & save up  :augie accordingly.  :icon_scratch:

Any thoughts on the subject??  :ear
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.