News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What did I just do???

Started by aeronca, August 29, 2014, 03:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

Ahhh Christ, I just bought a Moto Guzzi. Keeping the Tiger though. Any one know anything about those bikes??? :ear
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JayDub

I had a V50 once... terrible electrics, need to be kept out of the weather or chrome and alloy rots, boring and clunky, not a workhorse IMO but maybe that was just my one  :icon_lol:

nickjtc

Moto Guzzi. Never had one, but always thinking about it....... Most are quite good looking. With older ones, I hear, reliability is in the hands of the owner, who should be prepared to spend time in the garage/workshop devoting themselves to their love!

Owners are as passionate about them as that German brand with the same engine configuration (but not bent in the middle). Personally I love the early '70s ones.

Good luck, and enjoy!!!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

If it's a 90's one get yourself a copy of a genuine workshop manual then go over the bike and figure out which wiring diagram and components are used on your bike, be very particular about which relays you use. The suspension components can vary considerably over that period. A well set up one will handle very nicely.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: aeronca on August 29, 2014, 03:08:53 PM
Ahhh Christ, I just bought a Moto Guzzi. Keeping the Tiger though. Any one know anything about those bikes??? :ear

2 many beers and an ebay account is not an ideal combination  :ImaPoser

have fun

KK 
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on August 29, 2014, 10:49:51 PM
2 many beers and an ebay account is not an ideal combination  :ImaPoser
KK

You said it, Ken!  :ImaPoser Been there, done that.

threepot

A friend has a 2009 1200s. Its a lovely looking bike,with some nice components. Ive ridden it a couple of times..feels a bit agricultural compared to my Triumphs,but it has a cirtain charm. Doesn't like being dropped into a bend tho! Apparently,most owners change the original bars, and his have very wide Renthals,which pull you forward too much.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

aeronca

it's a 2003 California (stone) 1100. got a screaming deal($2300) with only 11000 miles. it reminds me of Harley's in a sense, but has a way cooler sound. definitely not as smooth as the the ol' steamer, and does not handle like it either. but with that said, it is it's own animal. I definitely dig the grunt of the engine, and the torque is freakin awesome. I probably wont keep it more than a couple years but for what I spent - what the hell. time to go loafer shopping :pottytrain2
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

did I mention it has hydraulic lifters :thumbsup
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JayDub

nickjtc

Have fun........... but don't forget the Triumph!!

threepot

Quote from: aeronca on August 30, 2014, 01:11:33 PM
did I mention it has hydraulic lifters :thumbsup
Big plus in an engine,mainly in cars. Don't think they work so well in high reving bike engines??
If my memory serves me well..think I had hydraulic lifters in my 59 Buick? What a car that was :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

aeronca

you know, that's a good topic of discussion - why don't more bikes run hydraulic lifters? 90% of people don't ride like a racer. must be a money thing - dealers make loads of cash off adjusting valves.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bixxer Bob

I had to sort a charging problem on a Le Mans a while back so have some limited experience of their electrics. Primitive comes to mind.... :icon_rolleyes:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...