News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

21st Carole Nash Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show

Started by JayDub, August 30, 2014, 08:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Thanks for the offer just the same  :thumbsup

Was nice to see quite a lot of Classics actually ridden to the event. The price of refreshments made my eyes water but normal for these things, keep forgetting to take a flask  :BangHead and the mobile signal coverage was woefully bad, even the traders couldn't take card payments and 15 mins to send an sms  :icon_sad:

Apart from that, good range of stands and smaller traders on offer. Good to catch up with JayDub and Chris Canning, all be it briefly.

Stormy ride home through the borders, not helped by idiot drivers in Audi's mostly   :icon_evil:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

£4.70 for a farty little cheeseburger???... I walked away :nono AND on the way home all the local chippies were closed :BangHead I too had a horrendous ride home (sitting in a puddle), but it was probably worse where you were, and and for a longer distance :icon_eek: I came home without finding a decent pair of trousers either but I did console myself with a metre+ of 6mm tubing to replace the bit which melted on my homemade scottoiler :icon_biggrin: Was good good to meet up again, and to meet Chris....  whats next then? (once I've got some truly waterproof trousers)  :icon_mrgreen:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on October 20, 2014, 07:04:50 PM
  whats next then? (once I've got some truly waterproof trousers)  :icon_mrgreen:

No idea what or when but it had better not include clothes shopping with you  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

JayDub

Sin_Tiger

JayDub

Please don't mention the 'T' word, its causing me too much stress.   :icon_cry:

Chris Canning

Didn't have a wet ride home but it was good fun watching the bun fight at the gate sunday evening when traders have been there 3 days and have had enough the organisers decide no one is leaving till 5pm oh dear!!!.

Sorry it was a short chat gents it was all bad timing because the other guy who was there who I have some history with(cough!) I hadn't seen for 20 years but riding back to Scotland or Wales in that weather is beyond my imagination never mind the reality so I take my hats of too you.

Oh!!! and the price of classic bikes  :icon_eek:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 22, 2014, 04:51:25 PM
Oh!!! and the price of classic bikes  :icon_eek:

Don't worry, we knew what to expect when you're in Jackanory mode  :nod

The price of old stinkpots made me think they were talking in Singapore dollars  :icon_eek:

JayDub

Chris Canning

Anyone else reading this if your buying there's only one time to go first thing Saturday morning their are bargains to be had but you have be a serious buyer I've never been on a Saturday till this year and got in early with a trade pass but jesus the queue at 20 to 9 was a shock more like a January sale with folk running around  :icon_eek:

pablo

It's a once every couple or three years for us now. I enjoy the classic show, there's always something interesting to see, but it becomes more than a bit repetative. To much over priced tat outside of the main halls, and the food :icon_frown: take a picnic.

Chris Canning

pablo

Someone tell me what that card says in front of the RGV......... :icon_eek: