News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

anyone have any spare valve shims? I live in Santa Cruz, CA

Started by Meatman, September 07, 2014, 11:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatman

a little desperate here, I was going to take off for Idaho for a camping trip and my local Triumph Dealership is closed.  I am looking for a pair of valve shims for my bike, just two and was wondering if anyone was close enough to either trade for shims I have or I'll buy the ones you've got.  Dealership doesn't open till tuesday, I was hoping to get them either tonight or tomorrow so I can take off.  Thanks
I need shim sizes: 2.50mm and 2.45mm, and I'll get a 2.40mm and another 2.45mm just in case.

Thanks Again!

KuzzinKenny

Hey Meatman !! as far as i know some honda shims are the same but don't quote me on it !!

should be worth a try goin round any bike dealer with a sample shim  :thumbsup

good luck

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on September 07, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
Hey Meatman !! as far as i know some honda shims are the same but don't quote me on it !!

should be worth a try goin round any bike dealer with a sample shim  :thumbsup

good luck

KK

:iagree get yourself to a Honda dealer or workshop that has done any 90's Honda work, bound to have some kicking around.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Meatman

Thanks for the advice, honda had the shims!  Looks like they all (Honda, Sizuki, Kawasaki) share the same standard 25mm diameter shims for over bucket applications.  You guys saved me a day for my trip! Thanks!

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: Meatman on September 09, 2014, 12:53:18 AM
Thanks for the advice, honda had the shims!  Looks like they all (Honda, Sizuki, Kawasaki) share the same standard 25mm diameter shims for over bucket applications.  You guys saved me a day for my trip! Thanks!

That's the great thing about forums, good to hear ya got it sorted !!  :thumbsup

now, mind an remove yer email address from public view !!  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Great news and thanks for letting us know, it's a nice feeling to know things worked out  :thumbsup

Now go and have a great ride and we'll be looking out for the ride report  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint