News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Has anyone fitted 28mm handlebars?

Started by Simon885, September 09, 2014, 02:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon885

I've just got hold of a set of BMW 1200GS bars for my steamer, but the clamping part is 28mm. If anyone out there has fitted fat bars, any advice would be appreciated on which clamps will fit straight on. Most seem to have a 12mm fixing bolt. Or is it best to fit riser adaptors??

Cheers,

Simon

Sin_Tiger

SW Motech do barback vario risers with 22mm primary diameter.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ned37

risers prolly easiest way.  nobody makes fat bar adapters that iknow.  i am using adapters from scotts steering dampers that were originally made for a dr650 and just happened to be the same width as the tiger.  if you could find a cheap set of scotts adapters for fat bars and cut the center out, the width wouldn't matter.  they use your mounting bolt, so that would fit.
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

HeavyHustler

If the bar mounts are bolt on like most all Triumphs then you could just buy the fatty bar mounts.........or if you want to raise your bars then I suggest the Rox risers.  They are compatible with fat or skinny bars.

Nick Calne

Do the 28 mm bars taper to standard diameter at the ends? If not, how do you get the brake/clutch assemblies on etc
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

Quote from: nickcalne on September 10, 2014, 12:16:38 AM
Do the 28 mm bars taper to standard diameter at the ends? If not, how do you get the brake/clutch assemblies on etc
they do , stock controls will work , you still need to drill holes for the little locating knobs

ned37

Quoteyou still need to drill holes for the little locating knobs
make sure the bars are where you want them first.  (ask me how i know)
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e