News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Site Move/Future

Started by abruzzi, September 30, 2014, 10:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Well I'm late too the party on purpose bikes and modding them I'm up the front websites and running them I'm already out the back door and gone I'm way too much like Mustang!!! :icon_biggrin:,although I would like to ebay links in threads rather than just forsale.

Oddly enough had a PM conversation about who the hell pays for this site the other day.

In theory getting involved with others is good in reality over the years Tiger owners!!!! awkward doesn't come close!!! their were 3 Yahoo Tigers sites for errr various reason and then the RAT one then this one was set up and the originator went and bought a GS  :augie but fell on his sword and here we are.

I'm not normally against progress because you can't stop it but unless someone can come up with a great plan I see no way out of the Status Quo,on another website there's a link for paying it entitles you to nothing apart from paying to running it and that works for me,I'm happy to do that and let Mustang run the show with landlord in the background.

abruzzi

No need to pay me at this point.  This all came up because the current host (has hosted the site) just jacked my prices.  In the grand scheme of things, it isn't super expensive, but its still a 50% increase.  So I found a new host--it still remains to be seen their quality, but I like their cost and the control they give me.  The reality is it costs me ~$130 a year to keep the site running, plus a little time, which is not much at all.  The primary reason I floated some of possible changes in ownership was less about cutting and running, and more about the thought that a fully invested landlord might be more into trying to do exciting new stuff with the site that I just don't have the time to do.

KuzzinKenny

I thank you for the years of dedication to this brilliant site  :bowdown  :notworthy

long may it continue  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Spud

just read the whole thread (Doh  :icon_redface:) to me this is a unique site  :bowdown  or I was till I joined and brought the standard crashing down, it's my first source of info on the bike even though I tend not to understand a lot of the more technical stuff. Suffice to say I would be more than happy to chip in a grout or two the keep the place going

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Mustang

We'll let ya know when we need donations ...........................
Abruzzi is good for now ...............................

This place has become what it is because of the membership here  :bowdown

Chris Canning

Next question that crops up how much? from my experiences on other boards around £10 per year so for the Colonials!! $16,the important part it entitles you to nothing,with 4 different bikes blimey I see a cross section of the motorcycle community that's for sure.

Just to give an insight to another world I use a site that's more than happy to slate Akarapovic  :icon_scratch: but say anything about the exhaust company they take money off who sell junk and there's hell to pay the joys of taking the 'Kings Shilling'

The other thing I forgot you get some rather strange folk who for their money want site sponsor by their name and all that crap something else I'm happy to be left out of paying is good enough for me.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

the reality is .................
most forum owners discover there is money to be made with ads and site sponsors and they get greedy .

as Geoff said it only costs a little bit of per year to keep a site running .
and with no sponsored ads we stay  :spam4 free

Sin_Tiger

:iagree rather a few quid goes to this than some other means of maintaining a safe blood pressure.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

How much do I have to pay to get 'site supporter' next to Chris's name? :pottytrain2
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

What's with the oriental-looking text pop-ups/ads/whatever that have started to appear as headers?
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on October 19, 2014, 09:41:44 PM
What's with the oriental-looking text pop-ups/ads/whatever that have started to appear as headers?
has to be your computer .............................
there is nothing on this end doing it .

Nick Calne

Nickjtc time to run the anti-virus software...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: nickcalne on October 19, 2014, 11:13:50 PM
Nickjtc time to run the anti-virus software...

Hmm. All av stuff up-to-date and the anti-spyware/anti-malware doing its thing. Hmmmmm.

Nick
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

aeronca

Quote from: Mustang on October 16, 2014, 05:02:01 PM
the reality is .................
most forum owners discover there is money to be made with ads and site sponsors and they get greedy .

as Geoff said it only costs a little bit of per year to keep a site running .
and with no sponsored ads we stay  :spam4 free

Wait, I like Spam - it's delicious :augie
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!