News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

some newbie questions

Started by mark_s, October 04, 2014, 10:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

OT nice vista, where is that?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mark_s

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 22, 2014, 12:19:25 PM
OT nice vista, where is that?

Hi

That's taken from Peep-O'Day Rd which is in the Manawatu region of the North Island of New Zealand

http://goo.gl/maps/D4MMz

Sin_Tiger

Thought it looked familiar, passed that way going from Rotarua to Palmerston North many years ago  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

metalguru

Try going to TEST screen.
Run engine to at least 82C before downloading map or carrying out adjustments as sometimes they will not take.
Just a thought.......is it a touch screen you are using?
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

:new_all_coholic Put the drink down Nige, you're not reading right.  The mapping should only be done with the engine off but ign on.  Battery must be tip top or on a booster, the temp limitation applies to some of the adjustments and trims.   Some of the recent work I've done suggests that any of the FTDI cables will work as long as you force your computer to load the correct drivers from the FTDI website. Unfortunately,  that's easier said than done as I found while at CC's house.

@Chris,  I still haven't tried your cable on my XP laptop as it needs a new keyboard, as soon as I have one I'll get on it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Reads correct now.....Napoleon mixed up the worms.....Honesht.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.