News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

At what time should the Gas light come on?

Started by sailorcolin, October 07, 2014, 02:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailorcolin

So today my gas light came on. No biggie, just was wondering at what mileage does your light come on? And how fare can you ride once the light comes on?

Mustang

Try the search button ............. :nod
You could write a book about it you will get lots of reading

Chris Canning

I'd put a reply up but if another 10 did we'd all be different  :icon_wink:

PeteH

Cant believe the price you pay for fuel :bug_eye my local stations are now at...or around £1.22 a litre, but as im getting 60 ish mpg outa my 885i I dont give a s**t  :bad
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

joep

joep

I also look for gas right away. I figure I have about 50 miles but don't push it.

blacktiger

The correct answer is that the light comes on when 18 litres have been used. So you have about 5 useable litres left which should get you more than 50 miles further down the road.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Unless it only comes on when you turn the ign on like mine  :BangHead  Once pushed it beyond 200 miles and ran out half a mile (uphill) from home.  Tried to push it and nearly died; had to ring the wife to come out with the lawnmower jerry can.  Which went down well.  Not.   To be honest I don't know if it's started working or not since I had it apart.  I should take a gallon in a can in my topbox and see.  As it is, I fill up at 200 whether it needs it or not. Usually get around 19.5 Litres in
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

qbto

I've never seen the fuel light on my 955 come on, apart from at start up. I've had the gauge on empty still no fuel light, at this point I bottle it and head for a gas station.

Dutch

Indeed the gauge is quite pessimistic. It has to be fairly deep before the light comes on. And even then you have quite some km's / miles left  :icon_smile: