News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Helmets carry on in cabin ?

Started by Spud, November 18, 2014, 12:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Has anyone ever carried their helmet onto the plane on a long haul flight or is this forbidden now a days

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

NeilD

took mine (open face) onboard Virgin in a bag couple of years ago to LA... it 'just' fitted within their handbaggage allowance in a soft bag

I noticed this in the Heathrow Airport FAQs... they seem to have missed the point - remove before boarding???! no, really!  :ImaPoser

Can I carry a crash helmet through security?

Yes, but you must remove it when passing through security and check with your airline because some may not allow crash helmets.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/heathrow-security/faqs#crashhelmet

Spud

cheers for the reply  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Emirates Glasgow / Dubai / Singapore and reverse no problem, haven't tried any of the Heathrow terminals.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Carried mine through Heathrow, but it was 13 years ago....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

NKL

Took my off road lid to Spain with Easy Jet, had it in a small ruck sack.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Spud

Emirites  are happy for you to carry a helmet into the cabin as long as it is in a bag  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

:thumbsup we charge 5p for bags in Scotland  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 24, 2014, 12:02:21 PM
:thumbsup we charge 5p for bags in Scotland  :ImaPoser

I've known a few bags that charge about the same  :icon_redface:  :icon_eek:  :augie