News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly gel seats

Started by fraserdog, November 09, 2014, 06:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraserdog

Wanted a pair of gel seats for a 2002 955i Tiger or just the riders one.In the UK.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

fraserdog

1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

There used to be a lot around on ebay, not so much these days.  I tried a pair and didn't like them (rock hard in the winter and absorb heat from the sun to the point where you can't sit on 'em  in summer - even in uk) so sold them on for what I paid for them, but you pays your money etc....

If it's more miles in the saddle you're after try an Airhawk II.  They're a bit pricey but you won't be disappointed.  I did over 500miles with only fuel stops an a quick cuppa last summer and could have done another 100 easily.  You have to inflate them properly (so you don't quite touch the saddle through the cushion when sitting on it) to get the best out of them, but they really are good.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

fraserdog

Thanks for the info about the Airhawk 2,couple of questions though,which size would you need for the Tiger and does it add much height to the seating position as I'm just off tip toes at the moment at a standstill.
1974 Honda CB500/4
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

Bixxer Bob

Depends on how much air you put in.  with my buttcheeks barely off the seat it makes no difference.  I got the cruiser one, but didn't realise there were different sizes.  Got it off Fleabay. 

After lowering my suspension half an inch or so I can put a little more air in to be back where I was before for my knees when on a long trip.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geoff W

See the money saving tip about gel seats in farkles. Worth a try.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Bixxer Bob

One word of warning, I threw the skinny elastic straps that come with it away because it was moving around in a most disconcerting manner.  I now use short bungies which hold it firmly in place thus restoring confidence.