News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

clunk

Started by sunny, April 07, 2005, 10:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunny

For those of us suffering that clunking around the fork area i read on the Tiger Yahoo bd that some guy had traced it to the rad fan area. So, last night i knocked the edge of the rad and sure enough i have a clunking noise around the fan shaft area. Hold the fan and the noise disappears. Not 100% sure its the same noise, need more time.

pauljones1227

I thought the same thing, my fan clonks as well.

But it isn't the same clonk as the forks.

The first dealer said they couldn't hear the noise and had never heard of this problem on an 05 Tiger before. ( I smelt the Bull@*@@ in the air )

The second opinion from another dealer was its the front mudguard rattling a bit.

All totally rubbish of course and I have given up trying to get Triumph to sort it and just have to live with it...even though it still drives me mad.