News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I'm off

Started by Spud, November 18, 2014, 07:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

I'm off to New Zealand for a bike tour I will be doing the South Island flying out to Christchurch picking the bike up and heading south to the bottom of the island and then slowly working my way back up the island back to Christchurch. I will be away for a while Xmas on the beach  :eusa_clap

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

nickjtc

Lucky you! Have a great trip.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

KuzzinKenny

Ya jammie (winter) dodger  :icon_wink:

have a grrrrrreat time  :icon_mrgreen:

KK 
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

John Stenhouse

I know you do, but ride careful. NZ is the only country I have a record in. They booked me for "straightening the curves", officially it was failure to stay within the white lines, $150 to be paid at a bank. Can someone explain why when I did pay it they would only accept cash. No it wasn't a scam but they wouldn't take a card.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

chairhead

Wow!!,
have a great time mate, try not to miss old Blighty too much  :thumbsup :wave
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Nick Calne

Excellent, have fun Spud and think of your mates looking out the window at rainy old England.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Jamie basket  :icon_razz:

Ask you're other half to explain the right turn manoeuvre rules, can catch you out  :nod

Give my love to the Couzie Bros  :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

I'm going anti clockwise mate so should never have to turn right  :augie

I will be thinking of all you guys whilst baking in the sun whilst eating Xmas dinner  :ImaPoser

will pas your regards on Sin  :wave

Sin_Tiger

This is going to be a great  :wheel report. Enjoy and don't mention pavlova  :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Incidentally, what will you be riding?

Spud

:icon_redface: a 650 GS  :icon_redface:  Tigers were far to expensive out there

Sin_Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: Spud on November 20, 2014, 08:42:15 AM
:icon_redface: a 650 GS  :icon_redface:  Tigers were far to expensive out there

A very nice machine. Nothing to be :icon_redface: about. Don't get too attached to its Teutonic charms though! :icon_redface: I took a long test ride on a BMW once and was sucked in by its Germanic wiles. Ended up buying one in Montreal, flew over to pick it up and rode it back to BC. By the end of the second day I realised what I should have known all along: it's just another motorcycle.

Spud

it looks like they have changed that rule now Sin,  :icon_lol:

I'll ride any bike Nick I don't care but I do prefer my Triumphs, put my comments down to British sense of humour  :sleepy1  :BangHead  would of liked to have spent a month on a XC but they were a $100 dollars a day more to hire  :icon_eek:

nickjtc

Quote from: Spud on November 21, 2014, 02:36:23 PM
would of liked to have spent a month on a XC but they were a $100 dollars a day more to hire  :icon_eek:

Ouch!