News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I'm off

Started by Spud, November 18, 2014, 07:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Quote from: nickjtc on November 21, 2014, 09:59:44 PM
Ouch!
The frame would've snapped anyway  :bad  Your much better off on a GS,and you'll develop that 'superiority complex' aswell! :nod
Ride safe and enjoy :icon_salut:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud

Quote from: threepot on November 22, 2014, 10:52:26 AM
The frame would've snapped anyway  :bad  Your much better off on a GS,and you'll develop that 'superiority complex' aswell! :nod
Ride safe and enjoy :icon_salut:

Your a naughty boy and I've seen your other post as well   :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

threepot

You mean on ABR? Don't know what to make about that lot?? A lot of anti Triumph remarks on there,mainly from British members!  Patriotism eh? :icon_rolleyes:
Considering joining their Devon meet..5-7 Dec(time off work permitting?) to prove that an 18yr old Steamer,can tour the same as their new GS's,KTm's,Yam Teneres etc.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud

use to be a good forum

PeteH

Have a great trip...I recall Bike mag did an article a while back in New Zealand and loved it....except for one region where there were flies...lots of em ...
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Spud

Quote from: PeteH on November 27, 2014, 12:30:35 AM
Have a great trip...I recall Bike mag did an article a while back in New Zealand and loved it....except for one region where there were flies...lots of em ...

No midges but you get sand flies bastard sons of midges who terrorise your ankles  :icon_eek:  :ImaPoser

blacktiger

Quote from: threepot on November 23, 2014, 12:44:54 AM
You mean on ABR? Don't know what to make about that lot?? A lot of anti Triumph remarks on there,mainly from British members!  Patriotism eh? :icon_rolleyes:
Considering joining their Devon meet..5-7 Dec(time off work permitting?) to prove that an 18yr old Steamer,can tour the same as their new GS's,KTm's,Yam Teneres etc.

I left that forum after the same sort of abuse. They're all a buch of BMW apologists.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Many years on, I'm still mystified by the GS thing.  I did over 100 miles on one in France and yes, the low CofG makes it easier to push around and yes, the low CofG makes it corner like on rails, but the performance is, at best, average (counter argument - it's all you need on the rough, usually heard in the BMW dealer's carpark), the CofG might be low, but it's still a behemoth,  reliability (shaft drive) is questionable, and - and this only my view - it was totally un-engaging.  Soul-less if you like.

My Tiger is heavy to push about, prone to taking naps if the CofG gets ever-so-slightly either side of vertical and, although good in corners, could be better, but it goes like stink, is totally reliable (ok it didn't start recently but that was largely my fault) needs a lot of attention to keep it running spot on (compared with my Blackbird anyway), but has bags of character. Bit like the wife....  :bad
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on November 28, 2014, 02:50:21 PM
but has bags of character. Bit like the wife....  :bad

Well said, on both counts.  :icon_wink: I like riding on a bike that I will not see on every street corner, so the Steamer fits the bill perfectly.

It's a sad state of affairs when the only way you can differentiate your bike (BMW GS/any HD) from the thousands of others you will pass on the road is by how much extra you spent on it for chrome/accessories etc.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

Wonder how Spud is doing? Just seen on the homepage a news article about a plane crash in NZ..........13 folk on a small plane there was a bang and the engine stopped!

All were uniquely prepared for that eventuality, the plane was a skydiving  tourist excursion, all 13 are safe and well!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on January 07, 2015, 01:15:28 PM
news article about a plane crash in NZ..........13 folk on a small plane there was a bang and the engine stopped!

All were uniquely prepared for that eventuality, the plane was a skydiving  tourist excursion, all 13 are safe and well!

Pilot probably did it on purpose. Maybe had some that didn't want to jump after all. Did it to get rid of them all. :icon_evil:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

As the owner of two BMW's I guess I'm supposed to say I like e'm  :icon_scratch: I've had this belief for some time that when the owners of GS's go to the dealers to collect them they drop their kegs and have some kind of 'I'm so superior' injection up the back side which sadly brings the very worse out of me unfortunately in 16 years of Tiger ownership and no end of conversations with GS owners about how good their bikes are I've only ever met two who made any attempt to prove it.

The first was a French guy on a GS1150 who was one up in leathers against us two in full kit topbox and tank bag and he got that desperate I slowed down so he could keep up and then this couple a few years ago in the Alps on the way to Mugello two up with kit like us and wonderfully aggressive which made it even better.

I even took a photo and got to know how the Indians felt before they scalped Custer  :icon_biggrin: perversely I let him run for quite a while it wouldn't have felt right put him to the sword straight away he came past us later on when we where having coffee we never even got a wave which made it even more enjoyable  :icon_lol:

Sin_Tiger

You need help man  :bad a 1050 Sport might be the right kind of help  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

I'm back, 5300 miles covered on the South island pictures and a RR when I can kick the jeg lat  :augie

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting