News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Rider Insurance

Started by tigerjohn, February 22, 2005, 08:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerjohn

Just had my renewal premium through....**!!**!!!**!!  With an extra year's NCB, I was looking forward to a bit of a saving on last year, as you would. But, no! These guys want an extra £100! Spoke to a nice man who said 'Sorry, we've changed underwriters, but I can knock off £21'.  Bad decision, guys, as I'm changing underwriters too! Spoke to an even nicer girl at Hastings who quoted - wait for it - £140 less than the Triumph scheme. You have been warned!

ChrisN

But Hastings do not quote anyone with a driving conviction within last 5 years  :oops:  and standard cover does not include Europe  :cry:
Chris

tigerjohn

I haven't seen the small print yet, but I did declare an SP30 and 3points which didn't seem to be a problem. As for Europe, I think Uk comprehensive policies automatically cover 3rd party claims in the EU....but I could be wrong. I still can't believe the extra cover required for Europe will cost anything like the difference in premiums quoted. :?:

knarf

Just got mine renewed with bennetts £200, no bad since I'm 37 with 2 years NCB. Under written by AXA so I was told.

The nearest I got to bennetts was £300.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

ChrisN

Apologies TigerJohn, my statement may be misleading but I am simply quoting the conditions on the opening page of their website at https://www.hastingsdirect.com/Bike%20Insurance/bikeinsuranceq.asp

Insurance...PAH!!

Over the last 25 years I've probably paid more than £20k in premiums for car and bike insurance without an incident Last year I had a bike write-off claim so now I'm a high-risk insurance leper! Hastings won't even quote me so I'm renewing with AXA/Motorcycle Direct.
Chris

tigerjohn

Knarf - very interesting as Tiger Rider Insurance is also underwritten by AXA! Was your Bennets quote FC or TPFT?

knarf

Fully comp.

Bike is data tagged and garaged.
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

tigerjohn

I finally settled on Carole Nash £253 FC with full EU breakdown cover as standard. The Tiger Rider Insurance did'nt come anywhere near this - so much for a 'tailor made policy'........

abell

Here in Massachusetts you can't even call round for quotes because everyone's pretty much the same, thanks to state-wide mandates.

Insurance companies are like tax collectors and ducks. They can all shove their bills up their arses.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

PaulBerg

Just got my TRI renewal quote - up £150 !

Took TigerJohn's advice and got a Carole Nash quote - down £50. Thanks TigerJohn......

Paul

Drofsereb

The best advice is phone as many companies as you can, and then when you get the two cheapest play them against each other!  I did this last year and the 'very lowest we can quote' with my existing broker suddenly dropped another £50.....  And the funniest thing was both brokers were quoting for the same company!

trotts

I have to agree the triumph own so called 'discounted' is rather dear.  Mine is up for renewal next month and I am with carole Nash.  I paid last year just over £200.  I think what will keep me with them is the Breakdown cover you get.  To buy same from RAC or similar is a good £100 worth.  I have checked the small print with Nash breakdown and it seems pretty good.  It seems to be with AXA/ Europ assistance.  Has anyone actually had cause to use this lot, and did they come up to standard ?
Dave T