News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 won't start

Started by tgrrdr, December 22, 2014, 09:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

You could be right about that. I've just had my first experience of ethanol here in the uk, my daughter's lawnmower wouldn't start; on examining it I found the little red dome for pulling the fuel through had degraded and was little more than a sticky mess.

I changed my fuel filter at around 30k miles if that's any help.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

:iagree there's not much you can tell about a filter looking at the outside of a metal can and I know from work experience, even premium quality filters deteriorate over long periods.  If you're going to all the trouble of taking it apart, fit a new filter, tye page of mind will far outweigh the cost.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint