News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Honda..300million bikes made!

Started by threepot, December 28, 2014, 07:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

I've done my bit..... owned 10 of them  :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

Quote from: nickjtc on December 28, 2014, 11:08:58 PM
I've done my bit..... owned 10 of them  :augie
Remember their slogan.?.'You meet the nicest people on a Honda' :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on December 28, 2014, 11:55:05 PM
Remember their slogan.?.'You meet the nicest people on a Honda' :augie

Did they ever use that in their ads in England, though??

KuzzinKenny

The first thing i ever owned was a second hand 1968 honda 50 stepthrough  :icon_redface: then a 1973 250 superdream !! Yea right !!

Mostly Triumphs since then  :icon_wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Battered and bruised 1964 Honda 90 Sport was my first!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

I had lots of Hondas, a wet dream, a VT500, a Transalp, and several VFRs, the wet dream was the only bike I've known so far that you could ride everwhere flat out, may have been to do with it being the 250 and the bikes rolling chassis was the same as the 400.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

threepot

Quote from: nickjtc on December 29, 2014, 01:23:48 AM
Did they ever use that in their ads in England, though??
No..'thanks for the idea,here's our take on it'.
Got to give them credit though. But would they have had an industry if it wasn't mainly for  British and Italians manufacturers?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on December 29, 2014, 01:06:05 PM
But would they have had an industry if it wasn't mainly for  British and Italians manufacturers?

That is an interesting thought. There is no question in my mind that the British manufacturers blinkered attitudes certainly helped bring about their demise. Triumph had a triple in experimentation in '65 or '66 which could have helped the British industry.

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

JayDub

A C70, I could wheelie it cos I sawed off the rear mudgaurd... 250 Dream, removed the balance shaft and gained an extra 5 hp... but needed more frequent visits to the dentist to replace the fillings.  A CB750 F2 - LUVERLY bike, except in the twisties - it handled like a Schizophrenic shopping trolley.... and finally, a CB900 (without a rear brake) - total loony machine which brought out the worst in me, too fast for the chassis  :icon_eek:  I generally don't like Honda's... but I suppose I'd have another one  :icon_scratch: