News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

STOCK steamer carb internals

Started by nickjtc, January 22, 2015, 02:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

I will be converting my '96 carbs back to stock soon. Does anyone out there have the stock bits and pieces (needles, jets et al) lying around collecting dust that they want to part with?

I have not torn into the carbs yet but the po says he fitted a Dynojet kit, the bits of which I will want to get rid of.

Swap anyone??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Having gone down much the same route myself, I'd suggest that you'd probably be better off getting all new parts.

Used jets and needles will likely be of indeterminate condition but are readily available at reasonable cost. If the slides have been molested, which seems to be common practice when fitting a Dynojet kit,  these are specific to Triumph Tigers and only available from Triumph, these will be your biggest cost.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Sin_Tiger

It's always a bit of a punt unless you know the bike they came off. You will see only a little change from that having your own fully refurbished but than you'll know exactly what you've got.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint