News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tiger Meet 3-5 Jul 2015 general ideas, banter etc....

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 01, 2015, 11:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Ok, it's 3-5 Jul in Wales. this is for general banter and knocking about, the serious stuff is on the other thread.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

In answer to mat-tiger1 last question..plan is ..... ride to Wales,drink plenty of nice beer,eat plenty of nice food,ride around Wales a bit,more beer and food,then ride home! :augie

Any of you guys coming down earlier than the 3rd? If so,we could visit
http://royalwelsh.org.uk/regimental-museum-of-the-royal-welsh.shtml
Lot of stuff there from Rorkes Drift,well worth a visit. We could take it in on the Saturday,but it means less riding that day.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mat-tiger1

Quote from: threepot on February 02, 2015, 03:03:47 PM
In answer to mat-tiger1 last question..plan is ..... ride to Wales,drink plenty of nice beer,eat plenty of nice food,ride around Wales a bit,more beer and food,then ride home! :augie

Lot of stuff there from Rorkes Drift,well worth a visit. We could take it in on the Saturday,but it means less riding that day.

Sounds like a plan already Threepot!  :thumbsup

Best include some real ales for the Camera lads eh? :occasion14
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: threepot on February 02, 2015, 03:03:47 PM

You mentioned Beer twice in the same sentence, I reckon that constitutes an official endorsement  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

GavD

I would LOVE to track down a pint of Felifoel's Double Dragon, tried some in the late 80's when the Navy sent us up to Talybont to beast us around the Brecons. Need to see if it is as nice as I remember!!  :occasion14
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

threepot

Quote from: GavD on February 03, 2015, 06:04:24 PM
I would LOVE to track down a pint of Felifoel's Double Dragon, tried some in the late 80's when the Navy sent us up to Talybont to beast us around the Brecons. Need to see if it is as nice as I remember!!  :occasion14
[/quote I camped there last year,and drank in most of the pubs :friday I cant remember Felinfoel,but the beer was decent. If only I could get a barrel in my topbox....... :bad

I still need to know who's staying where. Anyone interested in the bunkhouse? I could make enquiries about booking it? I have been given the owners details by her friend whoI know .

Gavd..I'll bring you some cans :thumbsup  Did you know, that beer was the first to be canned in the UK.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

PeteH

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 03, 2015, 12:04:33 AM
You mentioned Beer twice in the same sentence, I reckon that constitutes an official endorsement  :thumbsup
Go easy on Ivor, he`s just completed a dry January so has some catching up to do :bad

As for riding I`ll check in with Threepot, but as we`re centrally based its either the Brecons or cut across country doing the Dams to Aberystwyth then find some nice tarmac.... easy enough in Wales :nod
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

Guys, can I suggest that you open a separate "general chat" thread for the meet and keep this one for just the facts and serious discussion about routes accommodation etc.  It's hardly encouraging to anyone thinking of joining us for the first time to have to pick through pages and pages of chat just to try to determine the plan - assuming there is one.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

I'm a camper! can't see me wanting a bunkhouse  :nono
Plan? that's a new concept  :icon_biggrin:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

GavD

Quote from: threepot on February 03, 2015, 10:46:30 PM

Gavd..I'll bring you some cans :thumbsup  Did you know, that beer was the first to be canned in the UK.

That's very kind of you, thanks.

I'm gonna camp hopefully.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Nick Calne

I'll camp too. Unless the weather looks iffy, in which case I'll probably book a room in the nearest 5star hotel.*

*At my mother in laws in Aberystwyth  :wave
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 04, 2015, 12:37:58 AM
Guys, can I suggest that you open a separate "general chat" thread for the meet and keep this one for just the facts and serious discussion about routes accommodation etc.  It's hardly encouraging to anyone thinking of joining us for the first time to have to pick through pages and pages of chat just to try to determine the plan - assuming there is one.

I think you may need to speak a little louder  :blah
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Geof9116

Count me in, you had me at "beer". Where, when, what please.  :thumbsup

threepot

Welcome :thumbsup there is already some info here,just read the posts. More specific arrangements to follow.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

Quote from: nickcalne on February 04, 2015, 11:30:06 PM
I'll camp too. Unless the weather looks iffy, in which case I'll probably book a room in the nearest 5star hotel.*

*At my mother in laws in Aberystwyth  :wave
Sorry Nick,New meet rule...you've got to stay within walking,sorry..staggering distance of Rhayader!! :bad :new_all_coholic :new_all_coholic
95 Super111
96 Tiger