News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tiger Meet 3-5 Jul 2015 general ideas, banter etc....

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 01, 2015, 11:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

Just wondering... how many of us use a sheepskin on the seat (a numnah)  :ImaPoser
I do  :icon_redface:

JayDub

Nick Calne

My wife makes images into mugs, t-shirts, stickers etc on some online thingy.  I'll ask her how it's done.

Here's one she made earlier.  She made me into a cushion!

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Ha! just remembered that I saw T-shirt transfer paper, but it was in the £ shop  :icon_rolleyes: so maybe a bit iffy? got to worth a quid tho?
I know photobucket, vistaprint etc do them.

nickjtc

For those of you old enough to remember the very early days of BIKE magazine, you will recall that the then-editor, Mark Williams, was quite keen on off-road riding.

Anyhoo, in the Spring 1972 issue they did a 'Trail and Enduro Machines Giant Test' in and around the area where you lot are planning this years UK Tiger meet. I quote:

Our base for this long weekend's Giant Test was Cerrigynfol, a mercifully civilised cottage near Llanwrthl, a small village on the banks of the Wye in mid-Wales. We chose this area because most of our test riders are familiar with the tracks that proliferate in this beautiful part of Wales.

Llanwrthl is just south of Rhayader. The test (of seven of the machines then available) is an interesting read. They did not have the best of conditions!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

Nick,10/10 for spelling..bet you can't say it though :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on March 08, 2015, 07:22:58 PM
Nick,10/10 for spelling..bet you can't say it though :augie

Along with Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch, I find Welsh words impossible to pronounce. I mean, who would have thought that a word spelt Cymru is pronounced 'koomri'??

Language variation is a wonderful thing. When my Hungarian partner starts talking to her kids in their native language I don't even try to follow what is being said!

threepot

Close,but its more kumry..I think? My grandfather was a fluent speaker,as was his father,who had poetry published in Welsh. But it was never passed down to my father,because my grandmother couldn't speak it.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on March 08, 2015, 10:15:09 PM
Close,but its more kumry..I think? My grandfather was a fluent speaker,as was his father,who had poetry published in Welsh. But it was never passed down to my father,because my grandmother couldn't speak it.
aw, bechod TP  :-D

nickjtc

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Quote from: threepot on March 09, 2015, 12:51:55 AM
don't you bloody start! :icon_rolleyes:
...  (more in keeping with where I originally come from) - calm down! calm down!  :icon_mrgreen:

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint