News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Airbox covers for a 98 Steamer

Started by Geof9116, February 05, 2015, 12:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geof9116

I think I might have better luck trying to find hens teeth but here goes..........I am looking for a pair of airbox covers that fit between the tank and side panels, preferably in black. Anyone got a spare pair for sale please ?.

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

bike bandit still lists them new  $150 USD each  :bug_eye
have you checked with a dealer they might still be available new .....although the prices will scare you off.

Nick Calne

I have a whole bunch of stuff in the loft, I'll check on Saturday and see if I have some spare you can have.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickcalne on February 05, 2015, 04:32:33 PM
I have a whole bunch of stuff in the loft, I'll check on Saturday and see if I have some spare you can have.

If they are broken or cracked, don't throw them away. I can put you in touch with a man that can do an excellent repair job on even the worst, not cheap but excellent.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

There is a red right hand side one on Ebay, do a search for "triumph tiger airbox cover"

Geof9116

Cheers guys, plenty to choose from  :icon_salut:

Nick Calne

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on February 05, 2015, 09:43:35 PM
If they are broken or cracked, don't throw them away. I can put you in touch with a man that can do an excellent repair job on even the worst, not cheap but excellent.

Ok mate. I'll see what's about. Of all the fairing spares I have these are the ones where the little tabs seem to snap off.

I seem to remember some guy making fibreglass copies on ebay... do you remember that or am I losing it?  :^_^

Sin_Tiger

Haven't come across the fibreglass ones. I sent one with a jigsaw puzzle to Joe at Stansa Plastics and he basically made a new end for it rather than join all the broken bits. Top job.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: nickcalne on February 06, 2015, 11:45:47 PM
Ok mate. I'll see what's about. Of all the fairing spares I have these are the ones where the little tabs seem to snap off.

I seem to remember some guy making fibreglass copies on ebay... do you remember that or am I losing it?  :^_^

Yup, i bought a pair, unfortunately he only made a limited number, its the same bloke who`s selling the red cover i posted about earlier, Nikw.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-885-CARB-TIGER-AIRBOX-COVER-PANEL-VOLCANIC-RED-/181160543999?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2a2e0286ff

Nick Calne

None located at Chateau Nickcalne I'm afraid...

Geof9116