News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Key Barrel

Started by HeavyHustler, January 22, 2015, 07:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on February 20, 2015, 12:42:46 PM
Probably a good anti theft device too, leave it on there and a thief would look at it and think it's a lock on the ignition.

:iagree

Solder that splice and heat shrink over it, now that you've seen what the elements can do, the same will happen inside your skotchlok.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

RJS

The splice was only a temporary measure to allow me ride home - empty lock barrel was refitted and my knob operates the original switch / wiring.

As I said I bought a 'new' switch / lock, but have not fitted it cos the old switch works.

I might try to figure out how to modify new switch to take old key - would involve changing the lock tumblers - theoretically possible but would be very fiddly !

But then if it works don't fix it !

Rodger