News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger alarm

Started by retsof, March 22, 2015, 08:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retsof

Hello all... its been a while since i last posted here..!! anyway im hoping the collected wisdom on here can help me remove my damaged alarm..!!
two wires have rotted away right inside the main block one each side as it goes, a thick red on the bike side and a black one on the alarm side.
rather than mess about joining them i want to take it off.. so if anyone can help it will be much appreciated..
                                        thanks in advance
                                                                    Andy foster.

London_Phil

Can you provide a photo of what you have.

Difficulty level  will vary dependant on make/type, as some may be plugged in, and others spliced to loom.

I would NOT recommend joining wires together until you know what they do.

Regards

Phil

Bixxer Bob

Is it hard wired or plugged into the loom ??
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Black and red: + and -???  :augie If so probably not a good idea to connect them.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

retsof

I have taken the alam off it now sits on my bench.. i have seen somewhere on here about a plug that joins two wires together in the block that the alarm plugs into..
has anybody removed the alarm and knows which two wires it is?
I wont be joining any wires together.   I just want rid of the alarm.....
oh and its a black 98 with trophy forks, daytona and trophy, wheels. home made under tray, lifted just a little at the back. and a few other little changes...
all of which make it handle and ride great  :icon_biggrin:                                                               
                                                                           thanks  Andy

nickjtc

Here is the wiring diagram for the Steamer alarm. 48 is the 'alarm connection - sounder', 49 is the 'alarm connection - control unit', 33 is the fuse box.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

I had a problem a while back with mine. Check this thread..http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,13911.msg103828.html#msg103828

If your still stuck tomorrow,I can check the wiring on mine OK. Some more pics of your problem would be useful?
95 Super111
96 Tiger