News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rad cap, just making sure.

Started by rex007can, June 04, 2015, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex007can

The shoes still stink Sin,  but I think if I leave them out in the rain tonight they'll pull through.
This is my 3rd over 10yo bike, my first was 30yo,  my pragmatism has had a lot of practice...
:BangHead

Thanks for the tip Chris,  I hadn't though of the filing bit.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

rex007can

Did it.

The good thing is that even if I had to pony up more money to replace the gas fittings, at least now it's done. And for good measure, because I'd rather never have to open the gas tank ever again, I replaced the gasket and the filter too.
Anyhow... that all done.

Then Iundid all the purge screws and let all the liquid go out.
Filled up till it came out the bottom purge, closed that.
Kept fillinf till it came out the middle purge, closed that up.
Filled till the upper screw, closed it.
Squeezed the hoses a bunch of times.
Filled the overflow till it came out the rad cap, and capped it.

Put it back together, started it, let it warm ... all good.
Went for a ride, no gas smell and the temp needle barely went over the line until I had to stop at a train crossing.

All seemed good.
The needle only went up while stopped and only when I put it in gear, it kind of jump up when I put it in gear, then went back down once I got on the highway.

All seems good, the fan didn't even come on when I stopped...

Thanks for all the advice. Feels good to have expert backing...  :wheel

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.