News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dynoed!!

Started by ZANO, April 12, 2005, 05:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZANO

I received my Thunderbike pipe this past week.  It fit like a glove.  immediate improvement in feel and sound (SWEET!!!!).

On Saturday my local shop had an open house complete with a mobile dyno.

After remapping the ECU with the 10121 map I straped her in and let her rip.

I was extremely happy with the results.

According to the May issue of Motorcyclist the '05 Tiger puts out 83.78 hp & 59lb.-ft. @ the rear wheel. (Not bad)

Well Mr. Dyno tells a different story.

How about 106.4hp & 64.8 lb.-ft. @ the rear wheel.  (NICE!!)

AS others have stated this turns the TIger into a whole new bike.  

I'll try to up load the curves tomorrow

Cheers

ZANO

WildeKurt

Is that corrected for altitude, humidity, temp etc?  I think that's what the mags do.  Never the less, that's pretty impressive.  I always wanted to dyno my bikes.

Kurt

abell

I still find it hard to believe the TBike pipe opens the bike up significantly more than the Triumph race can does.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

ZANO

That is corrected for temp. altitude and humidity

Cheers

ZANO

noivson

:D  Keep talking, you'll get me hooked on the pipe yet! :lol:
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

Dick Boyer

Wow, that is some increase. I installed the Triumph off-road can and haven't noticed much difference from stock, other than the sound even with the K&N and 10121 tune. However I did get a chance to ride a 99 Tiger with the 885 engine and did notice a huge power advantage in the 04/955 Tiger, especially over 60mph in top gear. Just roll it on and blast.

WildeKurt

I've never seen any documented proof that any aftermarket can adds more than a few percent in hp or tourque.  And generally only at certain places in the RPM range.  Lots of claims though...

Too bad you didn't do a before and after test. Maybe your bike's in especially great tune to begin with.

Kurt

BykBoy

Quote from: "ZANO"How about 106.4hp & 64.8 lb.-ft. @ the rear wheel.  (NICE!!)

ZANO

These numbers are very impressive!

The real question is if the increase in power has more to do with the different tune or the different can. It would be interesting to compare dyno runs on the same tune with an off-raod Triumph can, TB can, and no can. This will highlight the roll of the muffler.

A less lean mapping will increase power and lead to lower gas milage. I wonder if this is the secret behind the high output figures. What is the impact on your fuel consumption?
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

ZANO

I rode the Tiger for about 50-60 miles before remapping the ECU.  The performance increase was noticable but not significant.  The remap really kick up the performance and cleaned up a few hick-ups in the injection. (3000rpm surge @ constant throttle, cold start stumble and stall)  As with everything the sum is better than the parts separately.  I'm sure any good aftermarket can and a ECU remap will show an increase.  The catch is how easy this can works.  The guys at my shop have installed Staintunes and others on other Tigers and took a good part of a day cleaning up the bumps in the injection curve.  With this pipe all they did is load up the factory race can tune and that was it.  a super smooth hp curve with no bumps any where.  and at $35-$40 bucks per hour to tune on the injection this is the way to go.

bmbskee

Mates, you can't compare the numbers from two different dynos.  The only comparison that's valid is two measurements from the same dyno.  Simple as that.