News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer carb slides wanted.

Started by JayDub, April 09, 2015, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

I wouldn't usually use second hand ones but, I figured I could probably trust a fellow forum member.
Its for a 95 model, 3 needed, for a reasonable price as 1: I don't want to throw any more cash at this problem (don't have much left anyway!). 2: they may not even be to blame.
If the price is right I may even be tempted into a set of carbs if they are known to be spot on, although I have already replaced most of the internals.

I better add this before Mustang deletes the ad:
North Wales UK, reply post or PM  :icon_biggrin:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

vince

I think I've got a set of complete carbs buried in the garage
i'll have a look for them and let you know the numbers on the carbs
if I can find any

cheers vince
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

JayDub

Thanks Vince, - I'm interested  :thumbsup

vince

here is some pictures hope they are of use
not sure if they are steamer or not
might be 1993-5 900 trident

on the carb are the numbers :-
mikuni corp
K3Z1

cheers vince

JayDub

Thanks Vince, I don't have a number on my carbs unless its on the L/side of #2 or #3.
A quick google seems to suggest that 1240900 is from a Trophy or Sprint although the other number is different (K3Z1).
Also the the carb slide is described in the parts list as '1 vent' which I suspect refers to the holes in the slide, as mine has 2 holes.
I suppose if I was to simply fit my standard jets that they would be fine... unless there's something like cable connections etc which differ.
I wonder if Mustang could enlighten me?  :wave
I wouldn't want them to just end up in my bike parts museum, but what were you wanting for them?

vince

hi
postage and a drink when you receive them if their of use
if not bin them :wave
just taking up space in the garage  :ImaPoser
i'll look into postage cost and let you know

cheers vince :pottytrain2
:occasion14

ram33

from what i can remember from the spares i had, the difference is the slide holes, jets and the tank to carb connections - you can split the carbs and reuse the joint from steamer carbs but best replace the seals as they can leak when disturbed.
if jaydub doesnt want them, could i register my interest please  :wave
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

vince

JayDub

Quote from: ram33 on April 11, 2015, 06:33:47 PM
from what i can remember from the spares i had, the difference is the slide holes, jets and the tank to carb connections - you can split the carbs and reuse the joint from steamer carbs but best replace the seals as they can leak when disturbed.
if jaydub doesnt want them, could i register my interest please  :wave
Bog-off ram33 - they're mine !  :icon_biggrin:
Will PM you later Vince  :thumbsup

ram33

Quote from: JayDub on April 11, 2015, 07:39:19 PM
Bog-off ram33 - they're mine !  :icon_biggrin:
Will PM you later Vince  :thumbsup
no problem  :thumbsup
looking back at a previous post of mine, you should have the slides with the 3 holes.
i had the 2 hole ones and had very poor tickover and was taking time for the revs to drop down.
maybe you can drill extra hole?
http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,13580.msg100993.html#msg100993
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

JayDub

Mine have the two hole slides (three inc the center, needle hole).
that's what the world of Triumph parts list for my bike states too.
I think I'm gonna try just the slides first and see what it runs like, if no good I'll swap the complete carbs.

steamer 96

:sign13  Here is a possible option B....  if you dont have any luck with the units from Vince.....     as you don't want to throw any more cash at the problem and if your not sure they could be the issue in the first place then this may be the way forward for you.
         I am on the Wirral CH48 area and providing the kettle is on I could provide the biscuits then I would be happy to offer my fully working carbs for you to try !.....   You cant be that far from me and if you have somewhere nice and dry with a kettle and coffee we could carefully remove my nice carbs and put them onto yours (knowing they are fine) and then try your bike  :^_^    if it still doesnt run fine then you know its not the carbs...  if it runs as sweet as mine then you know its your carbs  :thumbsup

Its just a thought and a few hours getting dirty might resolve your  :BangHead

I am not always on the site so I will PM you my mobile...  not a problem

:wheel

JayDub

Quote from: steamer 96 on April 14, 2015, 01:38:14 PM

:sign13  Here is a possible option B....  if you dont have any luck with the units from Vince.....     as you don't want to throw any more cash at the problem and if your not sure they could be the issue in the first place then this may be the way forward for you.
         I am on the Wirral CH48 area and providing the kettle is on I could provide the biscuits then I would be happy to offer my fully working carbs for you to try !.....   You cant be that far from me and if you have somewhere nice and dry with a kettle and coffee we could carefully remove my nice carbs and put them onto yours (knowing they are fine) and then try your bike  :^_^    if it still doesnt run fine then you know its not the carbs...  if it runs as sweet as mine then you know its your carbs  :thumbsup

Its just a thought and a few hours getting dirty might resolve your  :BangHead

I am not always on the site so I will PM you my mobile...  not a problem

:wheel
Thanks mate! A most generous offer, I'm just waiting for a delivery over the next two days and the weather looks accommodating (no garage/shed etc).  I wasn't expecting someone to bring their bike here for me to pull apart  :icon_eek: and to be honest, the idea seems a bit scary, I mean what if...
The only bits of the carbs I haven't replaced or confirmed to be good are the choke units and slides, so one way or another these carbs from Vince should sort it, if not then it can't be the carbs, In which case...   :^_^
I'll swap the slides first and if no improvement...
But thanks again, Its really appreciated.  :notworthy

steamer 96

Ah.    May I highlight the fact that I didn't actually say the offer was to butcher my bike and for you to pull it apart launching it over the garden.  :nono.    But I am sure between us it wouldn't take long

You have my number anyway if needed.  :thumbsup

JayDub

I can see mine getting launched over the garden  :icon_evil: